Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead/Fear the walking Dead/Wanking Thread

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The Walking Dead/Fear the walking Dead/Wanking Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 11:56 AM
HRnB
Administrator

The walking dead? More like the walking extras. Am I right?

Old 03-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Peacetaker

Default The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead

2019, this season is shaping up nicely. The Whisperers are CREEPY as Hell. I was thinking Rick Grimesís departure would kill it, but theyíve regrouped and itís better than last season.

Who is still watching?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:49 PM
drhoward

The old wanking dead thread....here I'll merge them so everyone gets to read through 10 years of posts for their amusement
Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Peacetaker

Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
The old wanking dead thread....here I'll merge them so everyone gets to read through 10 years of posts for their amusement
WayBackMachine, wow. I looked for an old one to add to but got several pages in before I gave up and started a new one.

The new season is really getting good!
Old 03-09-2019, 11:28 AM
drhoward

This one used to be really popular, looks like most of the people that used to watch it either stopped witching it or aren't very active on here any more.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I still watch it, but I generally don't pay close attention.... Whoever is coming up with the seasonal story-arch seems to be stuck in a rut going all the way back to season 3.. I thought killing carl was a big mistake. Right now according to the creator, 6-7 years have passed since the zombies started happening... what doesn't make sense.. is why they don't have more electrical systems? wind and solar are very easy to setup... many batteries, especially in the south where they wont be damaged from extreme cold would still be functional. So.. carl was only supposed to be 12-13 at this point.. but he was clearly looking high school age... which i'd guess was part of the reason they killed him off.. diesel trucks should still be viable options, and with so few living there should be tons of diesel gas, and even if not, many older diesel engines can be ran off of used cooking oil. There are oil waste collection places that could run diesel trucks for years for the community they live in. which also, diesel generators could be used for power... They could be using battery powered vehicles as well, I can setup a basic solar system myself, they aren't hard.. Another issue I have is with their farming/gardening... why so small scale? they can do fields of food, fields don't take daily tending.

The only character that has aged at the correct rate has been baby judith... They found Alexandria after just a few years passed.

overall, i feel the story is so cyclical that it's boring. very little advancement.. 9 seasons and 6 or 7 years passing.. and the humans are now moving backward in time to 1,000 year ago weaponry and technology? it's just silly... and always some evil group finding them to tear down what they've worked on... Kirkman is good at characters and interactions with characters, and absolute crap at meaningful intriguing story or world creation, as there could be so much more going on here than this cycle of move, getting attacked, move, get attacked, stay, get attacked.. lose everything, get attacked...

Last edited by Mishri; 03-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.