The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election! - Page 1836 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Reply

 
 
 
Old 10-05-2017, 06:34 PM
  #18351  
Mr. D
4th Gear Member
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,136
Default

THE AMERICAN MAN-CHILD -

ONLY the NRA, Ammosexuals, low I.Q. Knuckle Draggers & dishonest Republican Politicians hide behind the 2nd Amendment pretending that "ANY" reasonable gun safety regulation is an "attack the 2nd Amendment"! Bugga! Bugga! How many guns did Obama take from the Ammosexuals while they raided the ammo counters at Walmart in a panic about what the Black President was going to do! THE TRUTH IS that NRA & the Ammosexuals are willing to view the mass murder in Las Vegas & children's mass murders in our schools as a simply "Collateral Damage" of their childish need to for military weapons play toys to fulfill their childish fantasies! I was in the gun business for years until I could no longer deal with selling another assault rifle to a MAN-CHILD fulfilling his childish fantasies!
Attached Thumbnails The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!-ammosexuals.png  

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-05-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Mr. D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:24 PM
  #18352  
TRamsdell
IN JAIL!
 
TRamsdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ny
Posts: 366
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
THE AMERICAN MAN-CHILD -

ONLY the NRA, Ammosexuals, low I.Q. Knuckle Draggers & dishonest Republican Politicians hide behind the 2nd Amendment pretending that "ANY" reasonable gun safety regulation is an "attack the 2nd Amendment"! Bugga! Bugga! How many guns did Obama take from the Ammosexuals while they raided the ammo counters at Walmart in a panic about what the Black President was going to do! THE TRUTH IS that NRA & the Ammosexuals are willing to view the mass murder in Las Vegas & children's mass murders in our schools as a simply "Collateral Damage" of their childish need to for military weapons play toys to fulfill their childish fantasies! I was in the gun business for years until I could no longer deal with selling another assault rifle to a MAN-CHILD fulfilling his childish fantasies!
Yes you should definitely blame this on the inanimate object. It's certainly easier than addressing the elephant in the room, the fact that mental health is not first, second, or even third on American's lost of health issues to be checked annually. Let's check my body, my eyes, my teeth. Oh my mind? That's fine. Trust me, the voices in my head say so.
TRamsdell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:53 PM
  #18353  
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,780
Default

If Obama and the democrats had their way they would have reinstated the assault weapons ban limited magazines to 10 rounds and nobody would be able to sell a gun to anyone without a background check.
-it wasn't about taking their guns, it was about laws they thought they might pass, which they tried, luckily Congress blocked it.. .

Of course if they had passed all of those laws it still wouldn't have changed anything about the las vegas shooting. As Usual, Mr. D chooses to ignore reality and rages about things that wouldn't have changed anything.

I do expect congress, with widespread republican support, will ban bump stocks...
Mishri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:22 PM
  #18354  
HRnB
Administrator
 
HRnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,454
Default

I think they should ban ALL guns. If you have a gun in your home you should go to prison for the rest of your life, your wife put to work in a sweat shop and your children put in orphanages.
Sincerely,
Rocket Man.
HRnB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:40 PM
  #18355  
TRamsdell
IN JAIL!
 
TRamsdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ny
Posts: 366
Default

Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
I think they should ban ALL guns. If you have a gun in your home you should go to prison for the rest of your life, your wife put to work in a sweat shop and your children put in orphanages.
Sincerely,
Rocket Man.
That's an excellent plan eh
TRamsdell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:43 PM
  #18356  
HRnB
Administrator
 
HRnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,454
Default

I still would have no problem banning military grade automatic weapons and any kit to make guns automatic.
Hand guns for personal protection are reasonable. Shot guns and rifles for hunting are reasonable. The ability for toothless JoeBob drunk to mow down people as fast as he can, not reasonable. It has nothing to do with the second amendment.
HRnB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:56 PM
  #18357  
TRamsdell
IN JAIL!
 
TRamsdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ny
Posts: 366
Default

Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
I still would have no problem banning military grade automatic weapons and any kit to make guns automatic.
Hand guns for personal protection are reasonable. Shot guns and rifles for hunting are reasonable. The ability for toothless JoeBob drunk to mow down people as fast as he can, not reasonable. It has nothing to do with the second amendment.
I think toothless Joe should stick to airsoft.
TRamsdell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:27 PM
  #18358  
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member
 
TrimDrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 2,823
Default

I shot a bumpstock one time. Those things are the truth.
TrimDrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:26 AM
  #18359  
Mr. D
4th Gear Member
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,136
Default

Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
If Obama and the democrats had their way they would have reinstated the assault weapons ban limited magazines to 10 rounds and nobody would be able to sell a gun to anyone without a background check.
-it wasn't about taking their guns, it was about laws they thought they might pass, which they tried, luckily Congress blocked it.. .

Of course if they had passed all of those laws it still wouldn't have changed anything about the las vegas shooting. As Usual, Mr. D chooses to ignore reality and rages about things that wouldn't have changed anything.

I do expect congress, with widespread republican support, will ban bump stocks...
Of course no law will stop every gun crime! That's a phony, argument that doesn't deal with the problem! The question is whether "reasonable" laws would reduce gun crimes & make it much easier to identify nuts before they create massacres. Decent people should be willing to make some concessions to protect American school children from gun massacres. The vast majority of gun owners are willing to limit themselves to a 10 shot magazine & go through a government check before buying a firearm. Many men including myself might find it great fun to experience using various military armaments for entertainment... BUT they put the safety of Americans above their needs to have some fun with dangerous weapons. I am not some Hippie with no experience with firearms & their destruction! I carried a personal firearm in the Watts Riots because idiot National Guard officers ordered me to lead my men through pools of blood in a L.A high school during the Watts Riots with no weapons to protect ourselves. It very nearly cost me my life because of that! Weapons are necessary & all most Americans want is "reasonable" safety regulations to keep firearms "especially military weapons" out of the hands of people with poor judgement. I remember well having a man in the process of buying a box of 7 1/2 shotguns shells telling me the shells where to shoot his neighbor in his driveway. He said he chose quail loads so he would just sting his neighbor for putting his trash cans on his property repeatedly! When I told the man what damage the shells would create on his neighbor's body at 30 feet he was shocked & changed his mind. My point is that the lax & unrealistically romantic attitudes of so many Americans relating to firearms creates the tremendous numbers of "unnecessary" deaths & firearms accidents. I've enjoyed & owned firearms including reloading ammunition & hunting all my life... BUT I don't need a assault rifles & stack of 30 to 100 shot magazines to protect my family, & I am willing to follow sensible firearms regulations to save American lives! Creating a constant, irrational fear about firearms regulation in this country CREATES MASSIVE PROFITS FOR GUN MANUFACTURERS & KEEPS THE NRA OFFICIALS IN THEIR POSITIONS! I was an NRA member for more than 30 years until it went from a representative of shooters to a shill for firearms manufacturers! FINALLY NOW... the NRA finds itself out on a limb & needed to step out of the way of the OBVIOUS need to see "BUMP STOCKS" a disgusting creation designed simply make semi automatic weapons act as automatic weapons! THE NAME EVERY MANUFACTURER OF "BUMP STOCKS" SHOULD BE LISTED & SHAMED BY THE MEDIA AS CREATING THE WEAPONS NEEDED FOR THE LAS VEGAS MASSACRE JUST AS MUCH AS IF THEY HAD CREATED ANTI PERSONAL BOMBS SOLD TO THE OPEN PUBLIC! IT WAS PROFIT BEFORE MORALITY AGAIN!
Mr. D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:55 AM
  #18360  
CPTCO
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,793
Default

Here's the problem with that argument as I see it. And I'll preface that by saying in my earlier post that I'm fine with a complete ban on full autos and the parts to make firearms full auto.
Everything that the anti gun folks are saying would make it only marginally inconvenient for someone to pull off this type of attack. Ten round magazines are pretty darn effective in the right hands. Especially if you have a stack of them, or you get your 30-100 round mags on the black market. Same thing for semi auto rifles.
If you said today, that a complete and total ban on firearms would stop 100% of gun related deaths, or even 90% I would probably support it. But, if we look at places like England and Australia, that's just not the case.
Making things inconvenient for a person hell bent on hurting people just isn't a deterrent. Were the OK City guys worried about their security deposit on the truck? They were going to carry out that attack regardless of the steps it took to put it together and regardless of the consequences.

Last edited by CPTCO; 10-07-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: I realize you aren't calling for a total ban, but some are.
CPTCO is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.