The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election! - Page 1888 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Old 01-29-2018, 09:52 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Most of immigrants of yore came here wanting to become Americans and did not insist that the United States bend over backwards to accommodate them. Many of them even went so far as to Anglicize their names and forbid the speaking the language of their native homelands in their homes. They kept portions of their culture alive but if you asked them "what" they are, they invariably and proudly answered "American". Ask me how I know that.

As far as "Dreamers" go, I think Trump has put forth a workable plan.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:00 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Go to a Chinatown and report back boss.

Oh yeah tying a path to citizenship to a trust fund for the wall is definitely a workable plan.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

See my experience with Satan's Cup!!!!

Old 01-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Oxnard Montalvo
Boner Exspurt

Old 01-29-2018, 01:15 PM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

So you're saying all Daca kids are murderers?
Old 01-29-2018, 02:06 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
Before everyone says well they could've just became citizens legally, that's the issue, there is no path to citizenship, that's all they're asking for. Many of these Dreamers are educated and wish to work and contribute to society, not create a new Mexico in the United States.
Well said! And this is that part that gets ignored by 1/3rd of the country. I think we all know which 1/3rd I'm talking about.

I have no issue with better immigration control. I honestly don't know anyone that doesn't think that we need to increase border patrol.

Here's an OLD idea that never gets to the table.
1. We need migrant workers for harvests. Picking fruit, etc. These are seasonal jobs.
2. Talk to the farmers and get an idea of how much help is needed. Allow a certain number of work visas for entry, boarding and safe transportation back after the harvest.
3. The reason migrant workers end up staying is because they can't get back home safely. They get picked up by ICE for an expired visa and often robbed, thrown in jail, etc.
4. If the worker doesn't reapply for longer stay to work for another harvest, ICE has their info and can put them on the bus like they did in the old day. Not throw them in our jails to cost more tax payers money.

I've talked to a lot of these workers that pick fruit because I speak Spanish. 99.9% of them are farm workers. They just want to come here and work to make money and go home to their family. The money they make in one harvest season can pay for food for a year .

Also, if these farmers don't have the migrant workers, the fruit will rot on the trees.

Bottom line:
There is a right way to handle immigration and a 25 billion dollar wall is not the answer.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:09 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by Oxnard Montalvo View Post
So you're saying all white kids in America are murdered by DACA kids? So never by neo **** that killed Blaze Bernstein? Or kids getting shot at a Kentucky high school by an over fed gun nut.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:54 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I'll preface my opinion by saying that I don't think a wall is the answer. This is 2018 and there are better solutions than brick and mortar. I would like to see the government work to stop the 300 billion dollars of drugs moving into the country. But someone is snorting those mountains of coke, it doesnt go unsold.

If Trump insists on building a wall, he has both houses, so if that's his plan, I can disagree, but he doesn't care what I think. If he's building it, I would agree, however, that the wall needs to be in place prior to amnesty (I think that's what "path to citizenship" ultimately means).
If amnesty is granted on June 1 for example, and the wall is completed later, I think you would see an influx of people seeking citizenship in the mean time. Of course, one could argue that the influx has already begun with talk of a wall.
The work visa program could be a whole lot better, for both employers and employees. That would be a step in the right direction.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:12 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by CPTCO View Post
I would like to see the government work to stop the 300 billion dollars of drugs moving into the country.
Yeah, but big pharma has so many lobbyists donating so much to BOTH political parties, no one has the ***** to stop them. But they need those doctors getting America hooked on mountains of opiates because opiates can't prescribe themselves.
Then the wealthy can keep getting them legally through the government pharm cartel and the middle class needs the non legal stuff that's unregulated on the street. Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you're Tom Petty or Joe Sixpack, everyone dies.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:52 PM
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

They gave up on deporting people around here. They tried it one time but, they would come back. So, they said screw it and let them stay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.