The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election! - Page 1890 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Old 01-30-2018, 05:20 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by CPTCO View Post
While I agree that is a problem, I don't think the majority of abuse starts with prescription drugs. The Mexican cartels have, in the past few years, started making meth, they've always grown poppies and coca. The value of the drugs crossing the border are estimated between 100 and 300 BILLION DOLLARS!

Regardless of the reason though, we are providing them with a market. The corruptions south of the border is a direct result of US consumption of narcotics.

And we think OUR politicians are bad.
Where do you think big pharma is getting their opiates to make their legally prescribed drugs? lol
Old 01-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO View Post
I'll preface my opinion by saying that I don't think a wall is the answer. This is 2018 and there are better solutions than brick and mortar......
AMERICAN HYPOCRACY - I suspect most "thinking people" know how to stop illegal immigration. Stop the hiring of illegals! If we had a near fool proof system of identification of those eligible to work legally plus severe fines then imprisonment of those who hire illegals 95% of the illegal immigration would stop! Americans want cheap labor that they don't have to provide any benefits to other than a low wage! I know lots of Super Conservative contractors that bitch about immigration & THEN HIRE ILLEGALS whenever they can get away with it! Illegals don't cross the desert to visit Disneyland or shop on Rodeo Drive in Hollywood! THEY COME FOR THE JOBS WE GIVE THEM! I like a program that traded alcoholics with signs begging for a handout for illegals willing to work for the small sums many Americans give them!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default REPUBLICAN APPROACHes To Arguments

REPUBLICAN APPROACH - Cut taxes, while spending masses of money increasing our National Debt & then trying to give Medicare, Social Security, etc. to Wall Street for profit making of the wealthy class! WATCH!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:28 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
REPUBLICAN APPROACH - Cut taxes, while spending masses of money increasing our National Debt & then trying to give Medicare, Social Security, etc. to Wall Street for profit making of the wealthy class! WATCH!
There's only two ways to make up the difference to pay for everything after huge corporate tax cuts.
1. Increase the cost of goods and services until people just go without because they can't afford it and need to feed the family and keep a roof over their heads.
2. Elect a democrat and throw it in his lap to fix it again by properly taxing corporations and calling dems the bad guy with his mean taxes.

That's how it always happens.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:03 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

A national sales tax could reap huge benefits to the Feds. Imagine the employees at Wal Mart, Apple, etc. who are (supposedly) going to get these bonuses that companies are handing out because of the new tax plan. Most will spend that extra $1000 on impulse/luxury/fun.

We spend almost $11 trillion each year (only 96 billion of that is beer).
Old 01-31-2018, 08:13 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I believe President Trump delivered a good speech last night. At times I was saying "Hell yeah!" and shooting my finger guns into the air like Yosemite Sam but more often I was deeply saddened by the Democrats obvious disdain for our republic.

e.g. the petty fools in the congressional black Caucasians who couldn't even muster a smile or applaud when President Trump announced that black unemployment was at an all time low.

Here's a picture of those proud Americans during that proclaimation
x

The Hero of Chappaquiddik's nephew may have delivered a decent rebuttal but I don't know because I couldn't get past the drool.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was thinking about our First Lady who is fire *** hot!

Last edited by fastbackford351; 01-31-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:30 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Because Republicans mustered so many smiles for Obama?
Old 01-31-2018, 09:49 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Dream on.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:57 PM
HRnB
Administrator

I suppose Trump diehard fans are going to watch his speech through rose colored glasses. That's understandable.

For me, a guy that pays pretty good attention to the political landscape, I was less impressed. I straight up can't stand that narcissistic misogynist man-child, so I try really hard to get passed that. He is the mouth piece for the administration, I have to, as an American, roll with punches. I can't have it all my way. And Trump made it clear he's willing to "say" he wants bipartisan agreements even though he also made it clear he's not going to be bipartisan in any way shape or form, lol.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Also, why is it surprising that the black caucus wasn't applauding the potus? Why should they after Trump's year of anti-black rhetoric? Trump failed to immediately denounce white supremacists and started a national campaign against black NFL players protesting racial injustice, among many other instances of racially heated events.

And to top it off, every time Trump tries to take credit for low black unemployment numbers, as if black folks owe him something, that really gets under their skin. The country knows that started in 2011.

But Trump's diehard fans just take his word for it and look at the black caucus as ungrateful.

I look at it like this. Lets say two huge bodyguards come up and hold both of Mishri's arms and Trump comes up and kicks him in the nuts about 20 times, then spits in his face. Then Trump gets on stage and gives a speech about how much he did for Mishri, even though he didn't do **** for Mishri, other than disrespect him. If Mishri doesn't clap, he's ungrateful. lol

Bottom line, that's how the black caucus feels as well as many black folks in the country. They've been disrespected by the president of their own country. I think that if you can see it from their perspective, you can relate to their disdain.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.