Why do mustangs park next to each other? - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Why do mustangs park next to each other?

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Why do mustangs park next to each other?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:50 PM
vargas
2nd Gear Member

Talking Why do mustangs park next to each other?

My wife and i walked out of the restaraunt and saw a mustang parked next to mine and she asked why mustangs always park next to each other. I told her its because we stick to cars alike.

I feel like the owners of mustangs park next to eachother because they know we will respect the ride rather than any other car make or model. Thats to say im not going out of my way to look for a mustang to park next to it but if there are two spots available and one of them has a mustang and the other is another random car...chances are, I will subcoinciously will park next to the mustang unless it looks like complete **** (they don't take care of it.)

Do you guys have any particular way of choosing parking or do you guys just park in whatever is available. It just so happens that here in San Diego there are tons of mustangs so the chances of parking next to one is common.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

I care a lot about my car, so I'm always particular about where I park. If I ever see any other muscle cars, I'll always go for them.

I always tell people, if you see a muscle car parked a bit out, chances are people care about their car as much as you do, and you're safe parking next to them. If you see a nice car, one might think it's safe, but you get those snooty, rich-daddy girls driving them who have no value in their car or money and beat the crap out of them. So yeah, long story short, park next to muscle cars.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I park as far away as I can but if there's another Mustang or Muscle car out there I will park next to them (but not to close).
Old 12-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Just yesterday I went to the local shopping plaza. I parked in a spot that I was pretty much away from everyone else. When I came outside to my surprise there was a 11 5.0 and a newer model camaro SS parked right next to me.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT View Post
Just yesterday I went to the local shopping plaza. I parked in a spot that I was pretty much away from everyone else. When I came outside to my surprise there was a 11 5.0 and a newer model camaro SS parked right next to me.
I think it's what was said earlier, the muscle car guys/gals all know they take care of their rides. If you see a nice ride like yours for instance, you can park there safely. I do it too.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I park next to cars that are far out in the back of the lot, and are typically nice/clean.

Less chance of me getting dented, and less chance of SUPER ******** vandalizing my car if it was alone in the back of the lot. Which I have heard happens sometimes- people see a nice car all by itself and they dent it/run a cart into it.

Moral of the story: Always use the buddy system, even for your car.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 AM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

I try to park on a end near a curb. Most of the time where I live no matter where you go if you park your car somewhere it always seems you get the geo metro to park beside you because they know it pisses you off.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

I dont drive my car if Im going somewhere to park it and not have an eye on it. Ill drive my beater for that.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Birds of a feather...

I try to park where there is something between my car and the rest of the world so there is less of a chance of getting whacked by either shopping carts or other cars. I park by the parking lot islands or lamp posts when I can.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

For some weird reason, I have the habit of parking next to SUVs, whether they are big or mid-sized. But if I see an open space that is next to a Mustang, I will definetly park there. I guess Mustangs park next to each other alot because their owners have a unique respect for one another.