Venting frustration: people who ride bumpers - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Venting frustration: people who ride bumpers

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Venting frustration: people who ride bumpers

Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I move over after I thought this through recently. Obviously I dont want them to hit me, so by moving over that eliminates the possibility of that happening. Then they tailgate the person who was in front of me keeping me slower than I like. That usually forces that person to move or gives me an opportunity to pass on the right.

When the left lane is clear, nobody ever tailgates me. I am going way faster than everyone else. If somebody were to catch me at the speed I drive in a clear left lane, I would pull aside and give them props for having bigger stones than me for risking that ticket.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 AM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ares05 View Post
For anyone who has experienced this and hates it. That guy you see coming in your rear view mirror who you can't help but think.... hes going to be that guy. Sure enough it is. Wont get off your back. Wait till its safe and leave him in the dust.

Anyone else felt this angry over this?
I always enjoy being an *** right back by slowing down until they are forced to pass then when they go to pass I bury the gas and leave them crying.... You know how mad they have to be when I do this Puts a smile on my face everytime....
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I usually have fun with the tailgaters by driving erratically, swerving, light brake stabs until they are convinced that I'm either drunk or crazy and back off. Then I drop it down a gear and leave them behind. I've had some people come flying back up on my rear but then I just repeat. It's most entertaining.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I had a tailgater this week while I was driving back from Detroit. I'll pull into the right lane when I can unless we have a line of cars in the left lane going the limit. A red van kept tailgating until a 18 wheeler cut into our lane a few cars in front of me. I down shifted to 3rd (at 75 mph) and watched the passenger freak out. Her arms were waving all over and I could see her yelling at me then she started hitting the driver. It was pretty amusing. A little later he was back tailgating someone else. There is no cure for stupid!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Usually I would do the slow down, let them get a fender on me, and floor it thing if there were cars in front of me preventing me from moving along. More often than not I found it was some retard on a cell phone or a teen driver, etc. and it was just avoidable stress on my part because they were oblivious. Since my son was born I just stay in the right lane and mind my business if he's in the car. If I get tailgated I just set the cruise control and eventually they will go around. If they want to act the fool them let them do it with somebody else besides me with a child in the car. "Road Rage" is real and people are crazy.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:04 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I usually have some fun let them ride my tail for a few minutes, then foot off of the gas and down shift. They drop off a bit after that and then I cruise about 5 mph under the speed limit. **** them off as much as possible, its amusement to me.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i like turtles
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

I drive a tractor trailer, some of the **** I see is scary. Tail gating, texting, shaving, reading newspapers, cutting so close in front of me I can't see the car over the hood, biggest thing it's $100 fine for me to go in the hammer lane, when there is few cars on the road you drive right pass left, not in the middle (other big rigs do this to). Don't drive by the tandems if one of them Blows it's going through your windshield. pass or drop back. Don't speed up when I try to pass you just because you don't like being passed by a truck , I dont have a speed limiter on my truck, if i know the area i will get around you. also traffic merging on the high way is supposed to yield, meaning I should be able to have my cruiseAt 62 and not hit the brakes or the jake if there is room I will move over a lane for you, however I'm not about to cause an accident doing so. Also the reason there is such a big distance between me and the vehicle in front of me is because I need room to stop or on a hill so I don't have to beat the clutch up to start back up, it's not for cars to come flying in because they don't want to wait in traffic

I usually just stay in the slow lane and let everyone else deal with the **** show.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Are you a long haul trucker or just more localized?
If first where's the worst drivers youve seen come from.

Side note- someone I knew was always scared of drivin near truckers. If anything is rather a highway full of you guys. You all are trained to do this. Everyone else takes a 5 minute test and handed a card
Old 02-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

If I'm going 5 over and someone starts tailgaiting me, I let off the gas and keep slowing down until they back off. Then I'll resume going the speed limit. I assume it pisses people off which makes it more fun for me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Venting frustration: people who ride bumpers

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.