Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: DID YOU ****ING CUT CABLE ****EN TELEVISION ****KK? ?? ****??
YEAH
40.00%
yes
6.67%
yeah i did
0%
arm
53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

cutting cable television

Old 08-11-2015, 07:42 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Why not have cable for hdtv and interwez? I want it all and I want it there when I want it, even if I only watch a little here and there. I probably watch more blurays (netflix unlimited plan) and streaming than tv, but when I want to watch triple D, or watch Andrew Zimmerman eat weird crap, it better be there! first world problems.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:56 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

comparing prices from my current provider to others with and without cable tv (without being internets only)..and i mean its a nice chunk of change to switch to a lesser deal. i get much faster mbps's with what i have now but i mean i doubt i would see or feel a difference when using the slowest speed of even 30mbps via direct cable connection. i tested wired and i can get nearly a hundred when my plan/package is supposedly 75.

a lot of **** i watch i can find on hulu plus or netflix.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:41 PM
crysalis_01
Banned!

I dropped Cable a couple years ago. I stream most everything now. I was sad as hell to see projectfreetv go. That fall took watch33.tv with it, which I used a lot. I still use rainierland.com and pubfilm.com for movies and cable series.

I need to find a new streaming service for broadcast tv shows now.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:41 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I need to find a new streaming service for broadcast tv shows now.
It's called an antenna.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:52 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Why not have cable for hdtv and interwez? I want it all and I want it there when I want it, even if I only watch a little here and there. I probably watch more blurays (netflix unlimited plan) and streaming than tv, but when I want to watch triple D, or watch Andrew Zimmerman eat weird crap, it better be there! first world problems.
Because most of the channels you pay for, you never watch. How often do you watch the oxygen or the time of your life channels? It's not like it would be impossible to have the food network without the oxygen channel if the cable and broadcast companies didn't screw you.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:54 PM
HRnB
Administrator

It would be nice if you could just pay for the channels you want. I hate how they bundle crap in just because I want one particular show.

Because of all they cable cutters, I'd think that at some point the cable companies are going to have to offer better prices or get left behind.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:10 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

i think they will eventually do a separate bundled cable deal similar to if someone was to just get internets from their provider and then subscribe to Showtime, hbo and nfl apps streaming.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:13 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Yeah, I don't see how they won't have to offer a truly custom lineup within the next few years. They can either take less money than they get right now, or they can take nothing.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Cable and satellite companies are required to bundle certain channels, they also are charged a fee for every subscriber who has their channels. so.. You want 1 viacom channel? Viacom says nope, you have to take them all. so for example.. You want Comedy Central? well you get:

MTV
MTV2
MTV Desi
MTV Hits
MTV Jams
mtvU
VH1
VH1 Classic
VH1 Soul
Logo
Palladia
Comedy Central
Spike

Because you have to take all of Viacom Media Group's channels.

You want Nickelodeon?
Nickelodeon
Nick 2/Nick at Nite
Nick Jr. (Previously known as Noggin from February 2, 1999 until its relaunch September 28, 2009 as Nick Jr.)
TeenNick (Previously known as The N from April 1, 2002 until its relaunch September 28, 2009 as TeenNick)
Nicktoons
Nick Gas (1999–2009)
NickMom
TV Land
CMT
CMT Pure Country
CMT (Canada) (10%)
BET Networks
BET
BET Hip-Hop
BET Gospel
Centric

Because you have to take all of the Kids & Family group... and they get to charge whatever they want per subscriber... Cable companies make more money on internet than they do off of cable TV...

ESPN alone costs cable companies $6 per subscriber. USA Is the most watched channel, and it only charges .71 per subscriber... Fox News charges .94 per subscriber.. that's right.. your cable bill is helping to pay fox news.. muahhaha..

^The above channels might not be right, but that is how viacom and all content providers do it, They'll say a cable company has to also give customers X, Y, Z channels when they negotiate their contracts... if you really wanted to you can look at all the channel plans all the companies have and figure out which channels are bundled from content providers... and if you know who owns what channels.

Last edited by Mishri; 08-12-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:52 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

All I want are Velocity, A&E, History Channel. I can fix my jones for anything else, elsewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cutting cable television

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.