cutting cable television - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

cutting cable television

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: DID YOU ****ING CUT CABLE ****EN TELEVISION ****KK? ?? ****??
YEAH
40.00%
yes
6.67%
yeah i did
0%
arm
53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

cutting cable television

Old 08-11-2015, 03:58 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default cutting cable television

Have you guys cut cable television? cuz there's like a bazillion shows and i watch maybe a handfull. .....

Have you cut cable television?

haven't you cut cable television ? did u cut tv? ****ING?
Old 08-11-2015, 04:00 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Cut it back in 98.

Don't miss it one bit.

CUT THE $&^$%% CABLE.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:22 PM
BLACK-MACHINE
1st Gear Member

seeing i just moved to FL, i just got the total NFL sport package so i dont have to miss the Patriots.
keeping cable thats where all the good shows are.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:27 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

We recently got Roku (sp?) and as far as I'm concerned we could cancel our DirecTV and not miss a lick but the whiff isn't ready to do without it.

I, for one, am sick and tired of paying over 100 a month for something that I watch maybe 10 hours.

Roku has more options than I know what to do with.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:35 PM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

I would cut cable if there was an option for NFL.

Seriously the only reason I have not cut the cord.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:58 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
We recently got Roku (sp?) and as far as I'm concerned we could cancel our DirecTV and not miss a lick but the whiff isn't ready to do without it.

I, for one, am sick and tired of paying over 100 a month for something that I watch maybe 10 hours.

Roku has more options than I know what to do with.
That's why I got rid of mine. I never watch it. Waste of money.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Yeah.. I cut cable TV in the early 2000s.. and I didn't get it again till I got it for free... I mostly watch pay channels now, HBO and Showtime.. starz for the movies, plus they had that pretty cool series.. Spartacus. If I didn't get cable for free i'd cut it again, and I'd think about the online subscription... oh.. AMC also has some awesome shows, like walking dead and I liked halt and catch fire quite a bit. But I suppose I can wait till netflix gets them..

I expect content providers and cable tv companies are going to come to an agreement in the next 5 years that will give people more flexibility in what programming they can get... moving to IP based tv delivery, more on demand.. and hopefully, an end to the bazillion channels we don't want.. companies like viacom latch on an additional 20 channels if you want comedy central in your line up.... or whatever it is they own.. mtv? I also don't get why have 5 HBO channels that all have the same exact things on at the same exact time.. Yes, more HBO channels are cool, if they have different things on at different times..

Old people though.. they need their standard definition channels, I think they watch more TV than any other demographic.. and it's usually the most inane garbage.. I think they can't really follow whats going on but if they like what they see or hear... or in most cases, they can't really see or hear whats going on, they are just comforted by people talking in the room... Even if they can't figure out what they are saying/doing. So they crank that TV way up and watch people talk... on which ever channel has the talking people on it.

Last edited by Mishri; 08-11-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:41 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

My parents have always had cable but when I moved out I never saw the need. I can find anything I want to watch online the next day, so why bother.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:14 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

local channels i could gets with an HD antenna. i'd miss watching local sports teams though but the radio dudes do a good job calling the games and some shows that i do wanna watch do have an online app thing i can subscribe to each month.

honestly internets is more of a priorty over cable tv at this point. i do like just sitting on the couch to flip on the tv but sometimes i just go through the channels without finding **** to watch. on demand is a cool feature and it does have a ton of shows but i rarely use it.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:15 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I won't cut cable until I can get live sports in HD. That is the only reason cable still exists for a lot of people. If they didn't blackout local teams, I would cut cable and go with the mlb, nba and nfl online subscriptions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cutting cable television

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.