Your Favorite TV Programs...& why? - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 08-23-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Your Favorite TV Programs...& why?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know Your Favorite TV Programs...& why?

Tell us what is your favorite TV show & why?
Some of the shows you may have to explain the entertainment values to me slowly & since I'm an ancient? They can be off the air now! (Now be serious about it, I want to learn!) I'll start since it's my idea:

I refused to watch The Walking Dead because it is so juvenile & cheap... until I got hooked on the characters! Then I watched it all weekend like Charlie Rose (Watch him if you want to see world leaders talk!) Breaking Bad is another Drug Story that seems quite silly until you get hooked on the anxed of the characters!

Ray Donovan - It has good character development & acting. You never know the direction it is going to go!
Shameless is an amazing trip of a poor family of kids as they try to survive by hustling!
The Americans is a good suspense/spy movie with good characters.
Better Call Saul - Has a good actor playing a sleazy lawyer.
I hope the The Bridge & Fargo come back about drug trafficking
American Odyssey is getting better & more interestingas a female officier trys to get home!
Madam Secretary is interesting for foreign affairs explosions!
Battle Creek is about funny & interesting detectives
A Week in dayis both funny while doing an indepth service by looking at a problem teaching the view what he needs to know to form an opinion & act!. Excellent comic journalism!

ABC, NBC, CBS have become infotainment shows with cutsie stories of interest of doggie marriages, crime, lots of crime, the weather & sports! Important issues are pushed off the edge where they won't get Americans into asking questions. Meanwhile Free Speech TV & Aljazeera actually cover "the real news" the networks push off the screen so not to upset us American consumers! In Vietnam we saw the caskets coming back & it remind us of the cost! Today we can see the caskets filled with dead soldiers! We don't those anti war people making us all uncomfortable like in the 60's!

So tell us about a program you like & why! We should remind each others when a new series is starting! I hate to miss the first one to three episodes before I know it is back on! GRRR!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-23-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
BlueBells96

Trailer Park Boys, now **** off.
BlueBells96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Fox New because it is fair and balanced.....
vaporstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Archer, and by the looks of it Moonbeam City, South Park used to be pretty good, Family Guy also used to be pretty good.
Then of course This Old House, DDD, Carnival Cravings.
There is more ,but thinking of and typing them is starting to bore me.
Ohh almost forgot The Pool Master, love that crazy guy with his Bio-filter pools.
AK_Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker View Post
Archer, and by the looks of it Moonbeam City, South Park used to be pretty good, Family Guy also used to be pretty good.
Then of course This Old House, DDD, Carnival Cravings.
There is more ,but thinking of and typing them is starting to bore me.
Ohh almost forgot The Pool Master, love that crazy guy with his Bio-filter pools.
Holy frick, you just nailed my list! (I haven't seen Moon Beam yet, but it's set to record)Take out This Old House and put in any number of shows from Food Network and you've got my shix.
Pretty much most of adult swim at night. (which is the only time it's on)
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #6
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Firefly..................because
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:28 AM   #7
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporstang View Post
Fox New because it is fair and balanced.....
So....you're mediatarded? Thus your lack of an "S" in *newS?
...not a question. It was *sigh* rhetorical.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 AM   #8
crysalis_01
Banned!

In no particular order.

1. Walking Dead - I enjoy seeing what happens when "civilization" is torn from people.

2. Hell on Wheels - the characters are well defined. Seeing them all trying to survive and complete a huge task in a near lawless environment is entertaining.

3. Archer - Though sometimes crude, the commentary of the series, dripping with sarcasm as it may be, is spot on.

4. The Newsroom - One of the most engaging series I've ever seen. It causes one to not only passively watch, but actively think about what's happening on screen.

5. Last Week Tonight - John Oliver (and his writers' to be fair) have a way of bringing a light to subjects that otherwise get glossed over by the mainstream.

There are more...bit this will suffice for a thread of this caliber.
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:05 AM   #9
HRnB
Administrator

Last week tonight is pretty damn good! I just haven't committed. You know hhhWhat, I'm going to record it.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:28 AM   #10
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Last week tonight is pretty damn good! I just haven't committed. You know hhhWhat, I'm going to record it.
I love "The Last Week Tonight"! The last part of the show uses humor to explore problems in quite some depth & detail! If I were a billionaire I would use my money to educate people in short entertaining documentaries that explored a social problem! The last part of "The Last Week Tonight" does a pretty good job of that!
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote