Comcast "customer service" - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 09-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
JimC

Default Comcast "customer service"

What a joke.
If it weren't for being a licensed monopoly, Comcast would be out of business!!!
They screwed up my installation twice now. First time someone decided to change the date - without asking or confirming anything. Then the idiot cut off my access completely by cancelling at the old house and not turning anything on at the new house because she changed the install date.

Now after they finally got things installed -- the screw up who screwed everything up the first time around in addition to changing the date and time for the install, changed the package so I didn't get what I was supposed to! Found it out when we tried to bring up a channel that we specifically wanted so ordered that package.

So another call to "comcast customer service" -- only to be put on hold for 15 minutes and then have that idiot hang up on me. Despite asking for a call back number in case something happens -- never called back.

So back to "customer service" and wait on hold another 15 minutes to get to an "agent" who I can't hear because so many other people are talking in the background. He at least transferred me to someone who could speak without using a headset so I could hear. That guy was able to fix it in 2 minutes.

Comcast. Truly the evil empire.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
HRnB
Administrator

I'm happy I don't have to deal with comcast. I've heard similar stories. My company is *** cable. Other than being expensive, they take care of me quickly any time I have an issue.
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

I understand your frustration! No I really do. Ever since they adopted Xfinity the company just went to hell. About a year ago I purchased a few movies to keep on my DVR from their VOD service, A simple digital purchase or so I thought.

I recently moved and had to call them to transfer my service, Done. Well, I go to watch one of my movies and it is not in my owned category bin. I call them up and they tell me that when I moved the movies do not transfer with my services, they stay in the same location and no refunds allowed. So I yelled, cursed and then being a smart *** said " So you guys made $40 off of me and I have nothing in to show for it in return" and I also said " So who ever lives at my prior address that has comcast gets free movies on my dollar"? I received no clarifying answer until my 20th call later and my 1000 minute wait time, I started to cancel my service and all of sudden boom $40 credit on my account... Retards.
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Comcast consistently rates among the worst customer service year after year after year.

Why don't you go satughlight? They aren't the only game in town.
fastbackford351 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
JimC

I wanted satellite for the TV still, but we just moved to our condo and the owners association decided against allowing satellite. Could I fight them on it? Yes, probably. But with only 8 owners in the association why start a fight with the new neighbors the first week we move in?
Old 09-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
99GTvert
is my username.

so would the hoa be against an indoor antennae? i dont think the tv providers have an indoor antennae but just curious about the free local channels you could pick up with an indoor antennae.

do you guys possibly have WOW or at&t uverse out there, or maybe brighthouse?
99GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
JimC

Don't have WOW here, and AT&T Uverse requires a dish outside for the TV. So that option was out for us here. An indoor antenna would be fine, but we wouldn't be able to get the stations that my wife really wants without cable or satellite.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #8
99GTvert
is my username.

oh damn, i thought uverse was cable tv without a satellite dish...well that sucks.
99GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #9
HRnB
Administrator

When the flat panel satellite dishes hit the market, it'll be a game changer. They have flat dishes, but not designed to lay flat on a houses roof. There are a lot of HOAs that don't allow dishes that are visible. But they have to allow solar panels by law. So an identical panel that is for audio/video signal will have to be permitted.

The only thing holding up the flat panel dishes right now is that the design can be used to grab any signal without paying, lol.
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

You are technically correct there 99. interwebs is all that is required to watch tv with u-verse. I can go over to my buddies house that has comcast or dsl or whatever and watch u-verse tv on my laptop. I just need to borrow his wifi to watch it.
TrimDrip is offline   Reply With Quote