Another mass shooting! - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Another mass shooting!

As a NRA member for five decades & a teacher that has locked classroom doors because someone on campus was firing a gun, I'm so damn sick of the NRA representing the "Gun Lobby" instead of NRA members with common sense! Having reasonable "Gun Safety Laws" does not take away 2nd Amendment Rights, but facts prove they "actually do" keep guns out of the hands of people that are mentally ill & makes it more far, more difficult for criminals to get guns dispite what the NRA says! Yemen & Iraq have more guns per capita than even the U.S...... so do you think it has worked well keeping them safe in a democractic country!

I have lots of guns & enjoy them, BUT I care more about people's lives than having unnecessarily large magazines that allow shooting many people without reloading, or having a background check when I buy a gun! I ENJOY GUNS, BUT GUNS ARE NOT MY LIFE & MORE IMPORTANT THAN PEOPLE'S LIVES! People who hunt & shoot need to tell the NRA to lead the way in "Reasonable Gun Safety" or get the Hell out of the way!

We have to stop listening to the Ammosexuals who predicted Obama would take your guns & then cleared the stores of ammo every time he was elected! They are simply wrong again! These "Gun Nuts" want everyone to be able to get a gun with a hundred round magazine, or a gun without any background checks allowing the mentally ill & criminals to get guns at gun shows! They pretend to be patriots to simply excuse their selfish addiction to guns & their selfish attitude about "gun safety"! Now let's hear the same old B.S. why we can't have any "reasonable guns safety laws" & more mental health services like the rest of the developed world!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-01-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
jwog666
5th Gear Member

last time i checked the amount of ammo or the type/quantity of guns people own is not a factor when a lunatic decides to go kill people. if you want to prevent mass shootings, start by repairing the broken mental health system. most of the people who commit these crimes are on some sort of psychological medication. in the good old days they used to just lock people up if they were a threat to society. now they give them some pills, cross their fingers, and hope for the best. i personally have numerous guns in my possession, a carry permit, and several thousand rounds of ammo at my disposal. do you know why? its my constitutional right as an american citizen. just a fun fact more people are killed each year by hammers then assault rifles.http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-with-rifles/ guess we better pull the hammers off the shelves. the bottom line is, if a person has the desire to kill a bunch of people, he will do it with a gun, if a gun isnt available, he will do it with a pressure cooker bomb, if the walmart is sold out of pressure cookers, he will do it with a u-haul ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel. get the picture?
jwog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwog666 View Post
last time i checked the amount of ammo or the type/quantity of guns people own is not a factor when a lunatic decides to go kill people. if you want to prevent mass shootings, start by repairing the broken mental health system. most of the people who commit these crimes are on some sort of psychological medication. in the good old days they used to just lock people up if they were a threat to society. now they give them some pills, cross their fingers, and hope for the best. i personally have numerous guns in my possession, a carry permit, and several thousand rounds of ammo at my disposal. do you know why? its my constitutional right as an american citizen. just a fun fact more people are killed each year by hammers then assault rifles.http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-with-rifles/ guess we better pull the hammers off the shelves. the bottom line is, if a person has the desire to kill a bunch of people, he will do it with a gun, if a gun isnt available, he will do it with a pressure cooker bomb, if the walmart is sold out of pressure cookers, he will do it with a u-haul ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel. get the picture?
Agreed for the most part, but also agree with some of what mr. d said. Have no problem with background checks, but unfortunately, hiipa laws keep background checks from working as they only look for criminal history and not mental illness. As long as we hide everybodies mental health records from the authorities, this problem will never end.

The other problem is these gun free zones where almost all of these shootings happen. If your allowed to conceal carry everywhere, it will do away with these easy targets. There doesn't seem to be one complete answer, I think there's many things that need to change.
ucinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

No gun law would have stopped this or any other shooting. This was an act of terrorism plain and simple. But then again, some of you people, and you know who you are, should be ok with this shooting because apparently the lunatic was targeting Christians, so that's ok. I guess.

All of you people who endorse these gun free zones are absolutely entrusting your and your children's safety to the insane mind of a mad man.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #5
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
some of you people, and you know who you are, should be ok with this shooting because apparently the lunatic was targeting Christians, so that's ok. I guess.
That's not good either. Just because a person doesn't like religious fundamentalists, doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered, for **** sake.

Also, gun control is not taking away guns, it's better checks and balances to keep guns out of the hands of loons.

Also also, I have no problem with armed security on campuses. Armed with a gun, taser, pepper spray, the whole magilla. We live in a new age and need to change with the times.

Also X3, the fact that stats show white males age 19 to 26 are the demographic for these mass murder suicides, that needs swift study!
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
gun free zones
Another thing. Imagine for a minute that students were carrying and heard the shots and people running. Now imagine 7 or 8 heroes with their guns drawn as the cops ascend on the campus. There is a good chance these guy with a gun will be shot or shoot each other thinking they're the mass shooter.
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Another thing. Imagine for a minute that students were carrying and heard the shots and people running. Now image 7 or 8 heroes with their guns drawn as the cops ascend on the campus. There is a good chance these guy with a gun will be shot.
Cops usually don't get there for at least 3 minutes or more....I don't think there would be much of a conflict between police and good guys with guns. Immediate response from a good guy with a gun is better than calling a good guy with a gun and hoping the loon doesn't find you or anybody else until they get there.
ucinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

If you want to play that game then turn it around. How about we imagine that just one of those poor saps he approached and gunned down was armed and in a position to defend himself and others? How many of them would still be alive tonight?

Your approach to public safety is twisted and dangerous as hell as is obvious by most of these mass shootings happening in supposedly "gun free" zones.

Because you work up a scenario in your mind where a good guy with a gun might be mistaken for the criminal, nobody should have the ability to protect themselves ? For someone who prides himself on how smart he thinks he is, this simple logic escapes you.

Please, for the rest of ours sake, look at what is instead of dreaming up a "maybe" scenario to justify a wildly illogical position. Stop supporting those who want to punish those of us who want to be able protect ourselves and ours no matter where we are without the threat of serious jail time.

There is no easier pickings in the world for a mad man than a "gun free zone".
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #9
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Quote:
If you want to play that game then turn it around. How about we imagine that just one of those poor saps he approached and gunned down was armed and in a position to defend himself and others? How many of them would still be alive tonight?

Your approach to public safety is twisted and dangerous as hell as is obvious by most of these mass shootings happening in supposedly "gun free" zones.

Because you work up a scenario in your mind where a good guy with a gun might be mistaken for the criminal, nobody should have the ability to protect themselves ? For someone who prides himself on how smart he thinks he is, this simple logic escapes you.

Please, for the rest of ours sake, look at what is instead of dreaming up a "maybe" scenario to justify a wildly illogical position. Stop supporting those who want to punish those of us who want to be able protect ourselves and ours no matter where we are without the threat of serious jail time.

There is no easier pickings in the world for a mad man than a "gun free zone".
no truer words have been written^^^
jwog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:39 PM   #10
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

So what SHOULD be done?
simpsonfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote