Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: Weekend Plans?
Yes
26.09%
No
21.74%
Llama
21.74%
Katy Perry
47.83%
LS1
30.43%
Arm
39.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Weekend Plans

Old 11-05-2016, 05:28 PM
drhoward

wife was there with her friend, I guess he showed up later. I don't recall the events that clearly, she was hot though
Old 11-05-2016, 07:27 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Not even. It's a new trending thing here in Cali too. Not new, just more of them opening all over.

We have one that only happens once a month with big named chefs and once a week with no name up and coming chefs. Always one menu and they get up on stage and explain the nights menu. So everyone is judging them on the same dishes. The celebrity chefs don't get judged. You either like it or **** off, lol.

Probably one of my favorites was Wolfgang Puck. The guy is amazing. Except his was $225 per person. Same with Emeril Lagasse. We really wanted to go to Chef Ramsey, but we had to go out of town.
And I'll be honest, some of the no name chefs at $45 a plate were pretty awesome.

The smart ones are the venue owners. They're raking it in. They get the best chefs around the country, have a new fresh menu with every chef and the chefs are trying their best to make amazing food for just one night to make a name for themselves so they can land a great job as head chef in a good restaurant.
That's exactly the case. You get a great evening and with the chef who is trying to make a name for himself, or planning a new opening soon, they go all out and at $45 or $50 you get a great meal. Some are very good on a personal level, and others need to work on personality; there was only one time we were disappointed in the meal itself. There is one that we really like when he is the chef coming in - very personable, once the evening starts he is out talking to every table. After the chef has the sous chefs prepping there really isn't any reason that they need to stay in the kitchen. Most of them do come out at least once during the night after the introduction.

One of the more memorable nights was a Nigerian barbeque. The main course included a goat head in the middle of the table. My wife was one of the brave ones at our table who ate one of the eyeballs. She said it wasn't bad - very different texture, but isn't something she will do again.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:00 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Originally Posted by TRamsdell View Post
'Murica. Hunting. Family bonding time. Church. Hunting. Sleeping.

Best answer so far.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:11 AM
TRamsdell
IN JAIL!

Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
Best answer so far.
there was a bit of a snafu, the wifey had a hunny-do list that didn't allow me to get to the swamp for ducks. so I took my boy deer hunting, he loved it amazingly a 2 yr old was able to keep quiet enough to at least see a couple deer. frick, I didn't even bring a gun other that my pistol
Old 11-09-2016, 06:18 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Still a win.

As a matter of fact, I am hopping on a jet plane tomorrow and headed to Kentucky for a week or so with my brother to go hunting at my cousins (plural) properties.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM
drhoward

Probably working Friday night

I might try to go watch the UFC on Saturday night though.....and by watch the UFC I of course mean get pants ****ting drunk and hit on unattractive women
Old 11-09-2016, 10:06 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Pics or it didn't happen.............need to see the degree of buttugliness
Old 11-09-2016, 10:20 AM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by JimC View Post
That's exactly the case. You get a great evening and with the chef who is trying to make a name for himself, or planning a new opening soon, they go all out and at $45 or $50 you get a great meal. Some are very good on a personal level, and others need to work on personality; there was only one time we were disappointed in the meal itself. There is one that we really like when he is the chef coming in - very personable, once the evening starts he is out talking to every table. After the chef has the sous chefs prepping there really isn't any reason that they need to stay in the kitchen. Most of them do come out at least once during the night after the introduction.

One of the more memorable nights was a Nigerian barbeque. The main course included a goat head in the middle of the table. My wife was one of the brave ones at our table who ate one of the eyeballs. She said it wasn't bad - very different texture, but isn't something she will do again.
Damn, your wife is brave, lol. I wouldn't even want to watch her eat the eyeball, much less eat one.

One of the chefs we went to earlier this year opened his own gastropub. We've been there several times now and it's great every time. The quality shows when the chef/owner is always at his restaurant.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:58 AM
drhoward

Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.............need to see the degree of buttugliness

I promise to provide pictures of said women
Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM
TRamsdell
IN JAIL!

Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
Still a win.

As a matter of fact, I am hopping on a jet plane tomorrow and headed to Kentucky for a week or so with my brother to go hunting at my cousins (plural) properties.
I'd love to hunt down south sometime, it's very restricted up here and mostly state owned land. gotta play by the rules, lots of rules.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.