ECONOMY CAR - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
TRamsdell
2nd Gear Member

Default ECONOMY CAR

hey guys, I am in need of a true economy car, either something super cheap brand new with warranty, or something that parts can be found super cheap at most auto parts stores, but this car has to get great highway fuel economy and be cheap to insure and somewhat comfy. like a dodge neon or chevy cavalier used to be before they rotted off the face of the earth. prefer american prefer comfy-ish. let 'er rip tater chip
TRamsdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

great highway fuel economy? used to be a geo metro 45mpgs... comfort level? 0...

lexus ES makes comfort and good mpgs(40), and inexpensive for a luxury car.. edit: car and driver reports only getting 31mpg out of it... so not good fuel economy.. and you have to get the hybrid option.

Ford Fiesta is probably your best bet for fuel economy and cheap and new.. base MSRP is 13k and gets 40mpgs.. honda civic also gets 40mpg, but it's base msrp is 18k.. but might be more comfortable, i'd test drive them both. Then there is always the toyota prius... but.. I could never recommend one of those things..

Last edited by Mishri; 03-08-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
HRnB
Administrator

KIA/thread
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
TRamsdell
2nd Gear Member

i'd be open to a kia, if i wanted to leave it there for 6 years worth of repairs and just drive what i have in the meantime. the fiesta sounds like a nice option, are they reliable?
TRamsdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #5
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

The Mazda 2, I've read good things.
akiba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Nissan Altima's are nice cars to drive in, and pretty decent on gas. Those Chrysler 200's with the smaller engine were really good on gas (do they still make them?)

I find Honda and Toyota are crappy to drive around in, but do get really good milage

SO CLEARLY THE ANSWER IS A HYUNDAI PONY

/thread
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRamsdell View Post
i'd be open to a kia, if i wanted to leave it there for 6 years worth of repairs and just drive what i have in the meantime. the fiesta sounds like a nice option, are they reliable?
Actually, KIA is the most reliable cheap car on the market. That's why so many young families get them. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...ma/reliability

I personally don't like most of their body styles. But I researched it for my niece in college for her budget. She's been driving it from Fountain Valley to UCLA (about 40 miles each way) for 2 years with no issues yet.
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #8
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

I know a few people with kia's and they love them.....I could just never get over the fact that I would be driving a kia though
Old 03-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #9
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
The Mazda 2, I've read good things.
why would he get the fiesta knock-off that costs 2,000 more instead of the fiesta?

Morbid Intentions bought the fiesta the first year they came out.. we should ask him about reliability...

also, Kia doesn't make a car with great highway fuel economy.. their best is 36mpg.. kia rio starting at 14,1000.

edit: im not seeing the 45mpg options for the ford fiesta in 2017 models.. will do some digging. (engine options I'm seeing are rated at 36mpg highway).. so if 36mpg highway is all then kia rio is real option..

Last edited by Mishri; 03-08-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #10
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Mazda 3's are really nice to drive, but they rust all to **** in area's where they use salt. I'm guessing they use a lot around TRDAMNSENELLSKS abode

Tags
cheap car, not suck, redass, reliable car, sh!tbox