Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

printers

Old 01-09-2019, 04:05 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default printers

buying cartridges color and black for a printer can be about 60-70 bucks

you can buy a new printer for not much more than that

wtf? i mean you can refill some ink cartridges for much less but even still, that pricing is strange man!! strange!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2019, 04:09 PM
drhoward

I blame mishri
Old 01-09-2019, 04:49 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Yes, you can buy a new printer, with ink cartridges, but they're not filled 100%.
The replacement ones last longer, because they're full. That's how they snare
you. I bought a Pantum laser printer, $30.00, it came with the toner cartridge, but it
even said; 700 page starter cartridge included. They then list the replacement
cartridges, and they are 1600 page capacity. The printer was $30, and the replacement
toner cartridge was $30... I do not print a lot, so I am still on the one the printer came
with, but I do have a replacement ready...

Now, the printer is $60.00, and the cartridges are $48+. I got the printer and the replacement
toner cartridge on one of those daily deal sites three years ago.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:52 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

the laser printer still working well? printing documents with crisp letters? i rarely print anything with an image unless its a coupon (really though just a barcode).

what kind of paper you people using? i get the cheap sh*t but i talked to a tech at a fedex and she mentioned the quality of paper can make a difference with print quality. i think we were talking about ink printers specifically though.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:00 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Documents are fine, I don't print graphics... Maps look decent enough, I do not have
any high standards for printing. I can increase the resolution to 1200dpi, but I stick with
600dpi. There hasn't been anything I've printed that you could not read or see. I may
get a color laser later, but I really have no need to print color for what I do. Wife does,
she has her own color printers, yes, plural.

Quality of paper is for color printing, flat to a glossy paper for photos.

When I order something from Advance Auto, I print the receipt, and the barcodes
are clean and clear.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:03 PM
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

I think someone makes imitation cartridges that do about the same thing but are way cheaper. You won't get those reward points though. That may be an issue for you.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:06 AM
HRnB
Administrator

I have one of the new Epson printers with the ink tanks. Something like ET 2600? It came with a 2 year supply of ink and paper (as if they know how much ink or paper I'll use. Fools!) So far so good. But the heads seem to get stupid if I don't use it enough. I have to hit the head cleaning button if it's not used for a few weeks (third world problem, eh?) Gay!
I got sick of cartridges. Lesbians!

Spoiler
Old 01-10-2019, 05:13 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

My wife has the Epson with the tanks, for the sublimation ink to print iron-ons. She has a
press, all that... She makes Holiday, Birthday and other shirts and outfits for the grand kids
and stuff. 3D printer to make the stuff for her bows... All kinds of arts and craft related
stuff...
Old 01-10-2019, 07:54 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

we bought a brother laser printer (no ink, just toner which never dries) on Digg.com for $100 and it rocks.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Like a few people I buy new or refurb laser printers for <$60. If you look around you can score some really good deals for even <$50. If you use the Toner Saver feature, you can get more than double the capacity out of the toner without losing too much in print quality. In fact, you probably won't notice unless you have high detailed gray scale prints like maps.

Anyways, when the toner dies, I just buy a new printer and repeat.

I have an all-in-one multi function Canon for color/photo printing. Haven't used it in over a year. Inks dried out now. $70 for new inks. **** that. Went to print a photo and decided to just to go Target to have them print it. a couple bucks and done.

You can get some pretty cheap refurbished ink jet printers for <$40 and just chuck the printer when the ink runs out or dries out. Did that for a while too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: printers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.