Go Back  MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Strange Brew The Beer Appreciation Thread

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Strange Brew The Beer Appreciation Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 07:28 PM
  #1  
Peacetaker
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 23
Default Strange Brew The Beer Appreciation Thread

NNNNNORM!!!!

Itís not for everyone, but itís a passion for many of us.

Ive thought about home-brewing, but there are so many awesome beers out there that I know itíd be an exercise in futility.

In Texas, we have a few Texas beers. Of course, Lone Star - though thatís a way down on my list. Shiner is a long-standing favorite, and Rahr of FtWorth is a really good (relatively) newcomer.

For the love of beer, whatís your brew of choice?
Peacetaker is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:05 PM
  #2  
JimC
Moderator
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,368
Default

So many great ones out there like you said. I am a member of a home brewing group back in Michigan, and whenever we met people brought some of their creations to taste.

I'm hoping this summer to try some home brewing.

We have several small craft brewers in Winston Salem. Some very good things from Foothills brewing and Joymongers Barrel Hall. The Foothills Sexual Chocolate is a great dark beer. There are a couple that I haven't had a chance to try out yet - this summer will give me time to get to them.
JimC is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:26 PM
  #3  
Peacetaker
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 23
Default

Done some business in CLT, neat town full of pretty girls back then!

Shiner has its seasonal beers, plus its perennial favorites Shiner Bock. Good stuff.

I like IPAs a lot, and they have some occasional ďBrewerís PrideĒ specialty beers that are around for a limited time, and this latest is a double IPA. VERY hoppy, which is right up my alley (I know itíd be too hoppy for a lot of folks - everyoneís taste buds will vary).

Iíve noticed a lot of folks like a Weiss or Hefeweizen type of beer, but not a hoppy beer - or the other way around. I chalk it up to taste buds... to me, a Hefe leaves a little bit of buttermilk flavor, which is a bit bitter to me.

I like pilsner, porter, ale, a lot of different beers - though the wheats remain my least favorite.
Peacetaker is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:35 PM
  #4  
drhoward
Moderator
 
drhoward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary Eh?
Posts: 3,910
Default

There are so many damn craft breweries out there these days it's hard to find one that you like.......and when I do find one, I get too loaded to remember what the hell I was drinking. If I'm just out in the car hold drinking and working on my car I usually just stick to the bigger brands, I like Molson Canadian and Kokanee (not sure if you can get that down in the US or not). I like some darker beers as well, guiness etc. But I just have a thing for blondes and 9 times out of 10 end up with one.
drhoward is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:44 PM
  #5  
Peacetaker
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
There are so many damn craft breweries out there these days it's hard to find one that you like.......and when I do find one, I get too loaded to remember what the hell I was drinking. If I'm just out in the car hold drinking and working on my car I usually just stick to the bigger brands, I like Molson Canadian and Kokanee (not sure if you can get that down in the US or not). I like some darker beers as well, guiness etc. But I just have a thing for blondes and 9 times out of 10 end up with one.
Molson and Labatt are my favorite Canadians so far, never tried Kokanee.

Blondes and and reds are nice, Leinenkugel Honey Weiss and Leinie Red are good.
Peacetaker is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:05 PM
  #6  
drhoward
Moderator
 
drhoward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary Eh?
Posts: 3,910
Default

I'm not as big of fan of reds, there are some pretty popular reds up here - Ricards Red is one (lots of my buddies that like reds prefer that one, worth checking out if you see it for sale down there) I just can't get into it.
drhoward is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 01:17 AM
  #7  
HRnB
Administrator
 
HRnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,491
Default

I don't care for most dark beers. If they're throw-up smelling like Newcastle, I'm out. Although I'll take one if there's nothing else and I'm 3 sheets to the wind.
I'm with Doc, I like the blondes. Blue eyes with a nice ***. Although I like Dos Equis too. A Latin beauty that's only 2 XXs, but after you drink enough, 3 XXXs and you might find yourself in a tub of ice and missing an organ in the morning.
HRnB is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 04:53 AM
  #8  
TRamsdell
IN JAIL!
 
TRamsdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ny
Posts: 370
Default

Pilsners suck, basement brew IPA's are basically possum ****, there's only one way to go...
Molson Canadian
/thread
TRamsdell is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 09:30 AM
  #9  
Peacetaker
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
I'm not as big of fan of reds, there are some pretty popular reds up here - Ricards Red is one (lots of my buddies that like reds prefer that one, worth checking out if you see it for sale down there) I just can't get into it.
Will look, fanks.

Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
I don't care for most dark beers. If they're throw-up smelling like Newcastle, I'm out. Although I'll take one if there's nothing else and I'm 3 sheets to the wind.
I'm with Doc, I like the blondes. Blue eyes with a nice ***. Although I like Dos Equis too. A Latin beauty that's only 2 XXs, but after you drink enough, 3 XXXs and you might find yourself in a tub of ice and missing an organ in the morning.
New Castle is tasty, though itís best w a meal. Not my go to beer, but nice on a cool day. Dos Equis Lager is good, I prefer their Amber most of the time. Michelin Ultra Amber is my favorite low-calorie beer to date.

Originally Posted by TRamsdell View Post
Pilsners suck, basement brew IPA's are basically possum ****, there's only one way to go...
Molson Canadian
/thread
Pilsners rock, dude.

IPAs, being hoppy, have a faint skunk aroma, but the bite of the flavor is very entertaining. I also have the BEST dreams with a really hoppy beer - seems itís a thing for some folks (and Iím one o dem).

Molson is excellent! Who doesnít like getting **** ya pants drunk and standing around saying like a Canuckian, ďMŰlllllson GŰlllllden, eh?Ē We Americans feel sŰ cultured when we imitate Bob and Doug McKenzie. ďTake off, hŰser!Ē

Last edited by Peacetaker; 03-07-2019 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spellcheck. Making sane people look like nutcases since 2010.
Peacetaker is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 09:41 AM
  #10  
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,780
Default

I need to watch that movie again sometime soon.. it's been many years.

I usually like hefe and stout,depends on my mood, and can't do too many stouts in a row, too thick.. there are a ton of good ones in MT alone.. mostly I drink bud light or MGD... I was drinking microbrews all the time.. just got sick of them. now I drink whiskey most of the time, and beers just because that's all they serve at the pizza place next to my house. Or beer if I'm out camping and planning on drinking all day long. I don't like IPAs and I'll drink most of the cheap beers..

Last edited by Mishri; 03-07-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Mishri is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strange Brew The Beer Appreciation Thread


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.