Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Ohio Cruise - June 4th Route

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Roys07GT
1st Gear Member

I am in... Maybe any Youngstown area or PA people can meet at Quaker Steak & Lube in Niles/Austintown (Rt. 80 and 46) and cruise to Quaker Steak & Lube in Canton together, hook up with any Akron people at Summit Racing (Rt. 76)!? Just a thought...
Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

^ sounds like a plan, I think summit may be a little out of the way but I'm up for it! Would be nice to have a bunch of stangs parked in from of summit!

I would think we would want to meet up between 2-4 if anyone's planning on hitting the game. Takes about an hour and a half, max, to get to cleveland from canton and I'm assuming we'd be eating as a group at QS&L?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Well, I am doing the math in my head here...if we need to meet at QSL between 2 and 4...that means we will need to start the Columbus leg no later than 11-12ish....which means we will have to start the Dayton to Columbus leg about 9am. Just curious...how many people are planning on doing the Dayton to Columbus leg?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OSUTX440
Well, I am doing the math in my head here...if we need to meet at QSL between 2 and 4...that means we will need to start the Columbus leg no later than 11-12ish....which means we will have to start the Dayton to Columbus leg about 9am. Just curious...how many people are planning on doing the Dayton to Columbus leg?
That's about what I was figuring. QSL will likely be busy, especially later on, on a Saturday afternoon. Also depends on how many stops we're making long we're there. I'm planning on starting out in Dayton with you & finishing in Cleveland.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
highrisewriter

I'm new to all of this so can someone explain what is involved in this "cruise"?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Highrise, welcome to the forums...no, the more cars the merrier....what part of ohio are you in? All that is involved is you driving your car. Should be a good time...yesterday, I saw a Cobra cruise as well as a Corvette cruise...I can't wait for ours.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:30 AM
highrisewriter

Originally Posted by OSUTX440
Highrise, welcome to the forums...no, the more cars the merrier....what part of ohio are you in? All that is involved is you driving your car. Should be a good time...yesterday, I saw a Cobra cruise as well as a Corvette cruise...I can't wait for ours.
I'm about 12 miles or so east of Cleveland right on the lake.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Well I mapped out each leg as described with the exception of the Akron to Cleveland because it wasn't real clear. So according to Google Maps the times per leg are:

Tipp City to Cols = 1hr and 38mins

Cols to Coshocton = 1hr and 39mins

Coshocton to Strasburg = 1hr and 4mins (as described), if you contine on SR36 all the way to I-77 you can shave about 15mins off that leg if time is of concern. If SR93 is just a more scenic route then by all means keep it.

Add some stopping(gas fillups/eating) times as buffers and those that are considering an Indians game can plan for that.

If I can join up, I would meet you all at the Cols location. I'm just not sure yet if I can make it but sure would love to.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:46 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Red,
Yeah, if we hit all the major highways and what not, an hour and a half is what it will take from Tipp City/Dayton to C-bus. But we are taking State Routes, not highways, and we are heading north on SR 68 to Urbana, which is about 20 mins out of our way, then taking SR's east, which will slow us up probably by another 30 mins, and then that puts us in NW C-bus. I am just taking into account the stoplights, the traffic...slower roads....and my estimation was a tad conservative to make sure those guys make it to the tribe game on time.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I was figuring 3.5hr-ish drive time C-bus to Canton, though I guess you can change the route in MapQuest, etc. to reflect our actual route. If Red did that, then I'll be impressed if those turn out to be accurate driving times, but I dunno, I've never actually come back from C-bus to Coshocton this way.

Also, I agree with Red - if we're short on time when we hit Coshcoton we'll just take US 36 straight to I-77 North and skip the SR 93 leg, as it will add time to the trip.

Quick Reply: Ohio Cruise - June 4th Route