Toledo Mustangs 3rd Annual All-Mustang Show, Sept 18, 2011 - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > MustangForums.com Regional Chapters > Ohio Regional Chapter
Reload this Page >

Toledo Mustangs 3rd Annual All-Mustang Show, Sept 18, 2011

Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Toledo Mustangs 3rd Annual All-Mustang Show, Sept 18, 2011

Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 AM
TOLEDOMUSTANGS MURPH

I agree. But it was a really clean car and I simply wanted to address one of the original rants/complaints by Baker in regards to "Magazine Cars" not placing at our show.

Murph
Old 09-27-2012, 07:28 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
Sorry to hear that my man...Toledo show was rigged...a 2011 or 12 cobra jet, leguna seca and SN95 that was on numerous mag covers didn't place and every best of was a member of the Toledo mustang club! Won't be going back next year. Heck, best of show was a decent fox that was missing its rocker molding among other things!!!!
Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!!! I don't fully remember what cars were there at this point. This was OVER A YEAR AGO! I do know that there were MULTIPLE cars that were AMAZING that did not place. You're going to tell me that that orange fox body is the best of show!? If I recall right, the best of show was decided by the two gentleman handing out the trophies and the deciding factor was, "Well, we know there's been a lot of work put into this one..." (at least that's what I gathered from my overhearing their conversation before the announcement). However, I, like Toledo Mustangs members, did not know the background story behind that Cover car and I am glad that ***** didn't get a trophy. I'm not going to sit here and say that I think you guys run a terrible show. You don't! I really enjoyed myself! There were a lot of cars that were phenomenal!!! That kid running around in that powerwheel Mustang was awesome! The vendors were great and the location is perfect! BUT, in my experiences with shows, when a group hosts an event, the members are excluded from the "Class" trophies but eligible for peoples choice. Not the case at your event. I'm glad your group raised a lot of money for your charity! That's very commendable and you should be very proud of that! I have friends that are apart of Toledo Mustangs and it's not my intention to bash your club. Hope this clears things up for you a little bit.

X, chill out man. No need to bash other peoples rides. I think that Fox was a good looking car. Best of Show? No, especially given the circumstances and level of quality at that show!

I'd like to add this after going through all of your posts Murph: To be honest, I don't really care for your tone throughout your posts in regards to me and my comments. I never said that there were "numerous mag cover cars" and I stand by my argument on the "Best of" debacle. I find it funny that you feel the need to bring this up over a year later in hopes to use 2012's show as a scapegoat. Hopefully this is due to changes in your shows judging. I certainly remember seeing a lot of gentleman walking to the podium with Toledo Mustangs shirts that were greeted as fellow members from my front row seat of the trophy handouts. If I recall right, I brought your show to the attention of Mustang Forums and tried recruiting members to attend it. I honestly could care less about trophies. I attend shows to gather new ideas, spend time with my girlfriend, detail the car and see the cars that I love...Mustangs. Trophies mean nothing to me except for a notion of respect from my fellow Mustang owners. I had every intention of attending the show this year but work prevented me from doing so. I'm actually kind of glad I didn't because I'm sure I would have had a "warm" reception from the Toledo Mustang guys that know nothing about me and are taking my words out of context, making meanings of my comments out to be more than they are/were.

THAT is all

Baker

Last edited by bakerjd; 09-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:03 PM
TOLEDOMUSTANGS MURPH

If I recall right, the best of show was decided by the two gentleman handing out the trophies and the deciding factor was, "Well, we know there's been a lot of work put into this one..." (at least that's what I gathered from my overhearing their conversation before the announcement)
That is definetly NOT the case. Best of show last year was chosen by the 6 staff members at Toledo Mustangs as well as ALL of the 10-15 judges that judge every car at the event.

in my experiences with shows, when a group hosts an event, the members are excluded from the "Class" trophies but eligible for peoples choice. Not the case at your event.
We give the members of our club the option of parking with the club in the first 2 rows right in front of the dealership where they are not judged. The majority of our club does this. We also give them the opportunity to enter their car in the show with the rest of the cars. We didnt think it was fair to exclude our members from the fair chance at a trophy just because they were members of the club. Obviously members of our club are judges for this event and do not have the chance to judge their own cars or even their "friends" cars when it comes right down to it. Our judges have the right to exclude themselves from judging any car if they feel they cant provide an unbiased evaluation of the car.

I certainly remember seeing a lot of gentleman walking to the podium with Toledo Mustangs shirts that were greeted as fellow members from my front row seat of the trophy handouts.
We sell our our club shirts at the events. There are more than a few people that have been to our events in the past few years that bought shirts and wore them to the events. Just because they were wearing a shirt - does not make them a member. Case in point...we bought 100 shirts for this years show to sell = SOLD THEM ALL! To date we have 70 paid members. I will let you do the math on that one.

To be honest, I don't really care for your tone throughout your posts in regards to me and my comments.
I dont really see any problem with my tone. You made your opinion and somewhat false statements about something that myself and the rest of the members of our club personally put a lot of time and energy into and I answered EVERY statement with facts and the rational behind the decisions that were made. Trust me when I say that it took a great amount of restraint for me to not just come right out and be pissed as all hell!

I find it funny that you feel the need to bring this up over a year later in hopes to use 2012's show as a scapegoat. Hopefully this is due to changes in your shows judging.
One of our members was cruising around on this site last week and found your comments and brought it to my attention. As far as judging is concerned, we have had the same gentleman in charge of judging since the start. His name is Jeff Perlaky and he runs a great ship as far as all the judging goes. We use the exact same guidelines for judging as they use for Mustang Week.

If I recall right, I brought your show to the attention of Mustang Forums and tried recruiting members to attend it.
Thanks?

Murph
Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Edited....

Last edited by xkape; 09-28-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Wow. You really represent your club well, lol. Glad I didn't attend. Good luck on future endeavors.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 PM
TOLEDOMUSTANGS MURPH

nice edit.

Murph
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That is definetly NOT the case. Best of show last year was chosen by the 6 staff members at Toledo Mustangs as well as ALL of the 10-15 judges that judge every car at the event.

Sorry to say, but that's the way it happened. I was right there. The gentleman announcing the awards and a group standing next to him had the exact discussion I stated earlier. There was an IMMACULATE late 60s stang there, black if I recall right that DESERVED Best of show.

We give the members of our club the option of parking with the club in the first 2 rows right in front of the dealership where they are not judged. The majority of our club does this. We also give them the opportunity to enter their car in the show with the rest of the cars. We didn't think it was fair to exclude our members from the fair chance at a trophy just because they were members of the club. Obviously members of our club are judges for this event and do not have the chance to judge their own cars or even their "friends" cars when it comes right down to it. Our judges have the right to exclude themselves from judging any car if they feel they cant provide an unbiased evaluation of the car.

How many Mustang events do you think they could be apart of outside of this show? Ever think of having a Toledo Mustangs class?

We sell our our club shirts at the events. There are more than a few people that have been to our events in the past few years that bought shirts and wore them to the events. Just because they were wearing a shirt - does not make them a member. Case in point...we bought 100 shirts for this years show to sell = SOLD THEM ALL! To date we have 70 paid members. I will let you do the math on that one.

I'm not stupid. I am not inferring that if someone was wearing a Toledo Mustangs shirt they are a club member. CLEARLY, you don't know me if you think I lack the intelligence to understand that.

I don't really see any problem with my tone. You made your opinion and somewhat false statements about something that myself and the rest of the members of our club personally put a lot of time and energy into and I answered EVERY statement with facts and the rational behind the decisions that were made. Trust me when I say that it took a great amount of restraint for me to not just come right out and be pissed as all hell!

Every statement meaning that you awarded best of show to a decent fox over many other stangs that deserved the accolades? That's the only real take away from my original post. Apparently you don't take constructive criticism well judging by my last post. I have a hard time finding any reason for you to think I'm personally attacking your club

Last edited by bakerjd; 09-27-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOLEDOMUSTANGS MURPH View Post
nice edit.

Murph
Would you like me to put the original post back? Fits your representation of the club quite nicely.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

am i allowed to quit chilling out yet?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape View Post
am i allowed to quit chilling out yet?
No real reason to lose your cool. Who cares about this guy? Resurrects a dead thread to "prove a point" with "facts" LOL. I am just trying to keep his representation of the club from changing my view on the club as a whole based on the friends I do have there.