Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Is Ohio the best state? Meet plan.. read on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Default Is Ohio the best state? Meet plan.. read on...

Ohio IS the best state IMO (I live here, what the hell right?) Let's show off what we do to our Mustangs here in Ohio!

I am proposing a meet in May or June for us proud Mustang owners.. Dont care what ya got.. stock to ridiculous, 60's to now.. mustang is a mustang!

I would like to meet at a park here in Beavercreek as it is large, has privacy, has space (they do 4th of July fireworks here) has baseball fields, soccer fields, playgrounds, grills (i think, if not ill bring one, no big deal). Just a one day thing to check out others cars, cruise maybe and have fun.

I would like there to be a prize pool and give away things based on car categories. This would really depend on who was coming and what kind of car they had. I cant give away 10, 2005-current things if an 03 is coming ya know.

Afterwards there would be drinking and whatnot at the local BW3's (Buffalo Wild Wings) or Quaker Steak or something for those that cared to participate. I thought about my house but, I dont want the underage drinking responsibility. Im no security guard.

What I would like to see out of this is at least 50 cars show up, have some vendor or group support on the giveaways and get a list going of whos bringing what items as far as food and drinks. All of this would be kept online in this thread for accuracy. We could stay at park all day, take a cruise at some point as a group, go out as smaller groups.. dont care..

Right now I am thinking as giveaways a VMP500 kit, Steeda CAI, Halo Headlgihts, Carbon Fiber Interior trim kit, and more.. I have my own personal budget but of more people or vendors get involved, it could all change ya know?

Sound off and let me know what you think.

Good idea? Sucks? Maybe?

Would come? Wouldn't come? Might come?

New ideas or want in on the front side of setting it all up? Let me know.

THanks
Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

I'd be down. No clue where Beavercreek is but I could find it. lol Hell, I'll bring both Mustangs!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Beavercrek is a suburb of Dayton. 1 hour north of Cincinnati, 1 hour west of Columbus.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Xkape, send me a PM about what you would like to do in a little more detail and we can start planning things.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I'm in...if its a Sunday that is, lol (work T-Sat). Any Sunday in June (except the 3rd: Carlisle) or May would work for me. July get's tricky as there are A LOT of big shows that month
Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
Hell, I'll bring both Mustangs!
Drive one up 100 yards, stop, run back, drive the other up 100 yards in front, stop, run back.... :P
Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
eb2gt
2nd Gear Member

Since i live close i would be interested.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

I'm all about May. The sooner the better.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

lol.. I agree with you there. I want to be able to get out and go! Put the top down, etc.. Not this crap like today... hell the DD could barely hold the road. I was being blown all over the place this evening on my way back from Cincy.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

If this ends up happening but is smaller (say 10 people or less), I say we get toghther, enjoy the day, drink some (or not, upto you, dont care), talk, bs, enjoy the cars and the time, go for a ride (before the drinking) and just have fun. Enjoy the warm day and the conversation I guess.
I do like seeing other peoples cars and what they have done and why. Its the best way to learn I could possibly think of.

Edit:

Food too, I cant go hungry! lol

Quick Reply: Is Ohio the best state? Meet plan.. read on...