Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

What's your Opinion? Just thinkin' out loud..

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

Default What's your Opinion? Just thinkin' out loud..

Thought I'd start some chatter....
I've been thinkin' about cams for my '03 vert... I don't know.
I've been told the cost is about the same for a supercharger and you get more HP.... But I really like the sound of a cammed motor.

2nd, After lookin' at ebay prices of used Stangs, guys don't seem to be gettin' their money back from mods they put on. I don't know if I want to put more money into more mods on this car, or just go out and buy somethin' that's already built the way I want.

But then again, maybe I ought to just "go for it" and try to buy what I have always really wanted: a 427ci AC Shelby Cobra replica.

Might be able to sell mine and make payments on it. Talk about a garage queen. couldn't take that out in the rain, huh.......
Could I still claim to be an MR'er ??????
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

I meant MF'er....... lol
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

I love a cammed motor. You are correct about the supercharger. I loved the HP gain, but when I sold it...I definitely didn't get my money out of it. My dream was to get a red 5 liter mustang and I just dove in and got it.

We will still invite you to get togethers next summer. Lol.

Matt
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

The only way to get your money out of a supercharger is to take it off and sell it separately. Personally, I pay less for modded cars because the owners drove them harder. The most expensive 'stang to maintain in my group is the one that came with mods.

Of course, I mod my own cars, but I know the money spent is for my enjoyment and that I won't get much at resale time.

All the best,
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

I mod for what makes me happy and don't really care about resale value on mine, because I don't plan on selling it. I'm going to drive it till it dies....like my first mustang, may she rest in peace....
Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 AM
eb2gt
2nd Gear Member

go for it TC, you know that you look good in a RED MUSTANG VERT.......hehe. I know a fellow that bought a Cobra and it scared him so bad that he sold it 2 months later at a big loss.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Get both!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Or sell the vert to a good home (mine)
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Nice to see people in Ohio are still alive.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

Wow! There for a while I thought everyone on this site had hibernated. Glad to hear from ya'll. All good advice.
Matt, I'm really leanin' towards the cams 'cause I love the sound and I really don't care that much about a few tenths in the quarter.
Shucks, I don't go to the track much and really don't drive the vert that hard either.
What gripes and motivates me to do more modding is all these newer cars with all the performance/horsepower claims. I would really hate to get beat, light to light, by a damn 300hp Hyundai... You know what I mean?
Czar, the biggest reason re-sale value is so important to me is if I decide to go for the Cobra. And EB2gt, you may be right about the "scare" factor, but I still want one.
X, I can't afford both, and at least for the winter the vert will continue to have a good home. We'll see what happens in the spring. It may have a sweet thump thump sound at our next meet-up. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Quick Reply: What's your Opinion? Just thinkin' out loud..