Oil and Oil Related Topics A place to post your oil related questions and comments

What you need to know about Motor Oil and Filters...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM
mustangted
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Unleashedbeast;7358449]Who here said anything about all other oils would ruin your car?]

didnt say anyone did, but have heard it from more than 1 amsoil dealer.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by everett
They will certify that junk eh. Unreal. This motor oil thread is on every forum and I am tired of telling people to use amsoil. I give up. Let em use Vaseline for all I care now. In the mm forum some guy called me an idiot because I told the op to use 5w30 and that isn't what the manual recomends. I asked which manual. The Aussie one does. Then I tried to explain the CAFE laws and the thread went downhill from there. Some people are so stupid that they can't seem to make an informed decision on their own. So I told him I had a bridge for sale in new York,great investment oportunity. Hehehe. Stupid kids. Amsoil for life ftw
What's even more unreal is the oil you are trying to shove down everyones throat can't get the api approval. Oh wait, it's because it's "too good" Yeah, right.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
What's even more unreal is the oil you are trying to shove down everyones throat can't get the api approval. Oh wait, it's because it's "too good" Yeah, right.
Bruce,

Even though I do not approve of his methods of posting, I still can't believe you are trying the API SM certifications comments again.

Do I need to copy and paste everything all over again? It would seem that you didn't take the time to read any of it.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
Bruce,

Even though I do not approve of his methods of posting, I still can't believe you are trying the API SM certifications comments again.

Do I need to copy and paste everything all over again? It would seem that you didn't take the time to read any of it.
I think it's time for me to stop posting. I can't take being called an idiot because I've come to different conclusions about what's right for the motor I built and speced the clearances on. Surely random people on an oil thread must know how to fix something that's not broke, like what weight of oil to use. Is anyone having problems with 5w-20 in a 4.6 liter 3v? How about trying to convice others that it's better to have a 15,000 mile drain interval vs 7.5. For the same amount of money I'll take two M1 oil changes with 2 filters and I don't see why anyone would opt for a long drain interval unless they are involved in commercial enterprise. For the time and effort it takes to change oil it's just not worth it.

All that happens is I get upset. Do what you want. Convince others to buy oil from you. The mods won't do anything about your non-vendor status because the forum gets money from amsoil. They were pretty quick to back down when you called them on that.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

The mods won't do anything about your non-vendor status because the forum gets money from amsoil. They were pretty quick to back down when you called them on that.
What you talkin' bout Willis
I have yet to see any outright advertising to buy Amsoil from this member
If they do it will be removed immediately

Last edited by lizzyfan; 01-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 AM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Who's advertising. Me?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by everett
Who's advertising. Me?
Why are you a Amsoil Dealer?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShadyNinja
Why are you a Amsoil Dealer?
Nope. I ain't
Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

I think it's time for me to stop posting. I can't take being called an idiot because I've come to different conclusions about what's right for the motor I built and speced the clearances on.
I'm sorry you feel that way Bruce, as I see you as a valued member here at Mustang Forums. It was never my intention to make you feel this way. I only desire to educate those who are not in the know about the truth, and why things are what they are. I don't think you are an idiot at all, and I've always valued your posts on other topics, i.e. built 4.6L engines. You well documented your experiences, and for that, I thank you.

I do get a bit carried away at times, and that's only because I have spent the last 6 years studying oil and lubrication technology. When I see something posted that is far from the truth, I admit, I get aggressive in setting the record straight.

Is anyone having problems with 5w-20 in a 4.6 liter 3v?
To my knowledge, no one is having trouble with 5W-20 in general, but we have seen threads about certain API SM 20 grade oils causing excessive wear. I wish I knew for a fact if it was more because it's 20 grade or because it's API SM low ZDDP. I'm still looking into that.

Do also remember that the 30 grade oil I used in my testing was not much heavier than an average 20 grade. We shall call it a "light" 30 grade oil.

How about trying to convice others that it's better to have a 15,000 mile drain interval vs 7.5. For the same amount of money I'll take two M1 oil changes with 2 filters and I don't see why anyone would opt for a long drain interval unless they are involved in commercial enterprise. For the time and effort it takes to change oil it's just not worth it.
I somewhat agree with you on this, and I can promise you one thing. With all the testing I'm currently doing with different lubes in the Shelby, no oil will ever see more than 10,000 miles. The only time I ever fuss at someone for changing their oil to much is when they buy a top tier synthetic that is capable of 15,000 mile OCI, but they still insist on changing it every 3,000 miles. Those are the people I recommend a solid group III base stock lubricant. No point in wasting the money on top shelf boutique oils when you change it every 3,000 miles.

Oh, and I changed my previous fill of 20W-50 at 2,043 miles. What a waste huh....I'm a hipocrite. This was only because I really wanted to test 10W-40, and didn't want to wait.

All that happens is I get upset. Do what you want. Convince others to buy oil from you. The mods won't do anything about your non-vendor status because the forum gets money from amsoil. They were pretty quick to back down when you called them on that.
I promise you, I'm not selling anything here. I frequently recommend a few different brands and grades of oil on SVT Performance, Team Shelby, FordGT500, and other forums. I'm not 100% Amsoil, but it's my first pick. I have other picks of lubes if Amsoil wasn't an option.

1. Red Line
2. Pennzoil Ultra and Platinum
3. Mobil 1 0W-40 and any grade in their high mileage API SL formulations
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
everett
2nd Gear Member

I appologize. I wasn't calling anyone names. And honestly if it works for you carry on. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Quick Reply: What you need to know about Motor Oil and Filters...