Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Am I the only person that thinks pinks is fake.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 AM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

Default Am I the only person that thinks pinks is fake.

I have been watching Pinks since it first came on,and I like it pretty good,but the longer I watch it the more B.S I see.For one,how come nobody ever sweeps the races,most of the time it goes down to the final race.And what about all the mechanical trouble the cars have,most of the cars are basicaly braket cars,you can go to your local dragstrip and watch braket cars make run after run without any trouble and it seems that most the cars on pinks cant make three passes without falling apart.Maybe someone on here has actually been on the show and can change my mind about it.I'd hate to quit watching it,it's pretty much the only thing on speed thats not NASCRAP related.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:36 AM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Am I the only person that thinks pinks is fake.

well yeah i wouldnt be surprised if it was, to add more effect. alot of "real life" shows are usually tricked up.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

The show is full of bullcrap. They make it look like a reality-TV show because people like drama and bull crap.

Like that Trans Am vs. Civic....that was hilarous.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 AM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

I have been to a taping of PINKS. These guys are actually running fast cars. The negotiations I was not close enough to hear BUT I actually did get to look under the hood of one of the cars during taping. They let you close enough to touch the cars if you wanted to.

My problem is, why don't they actually bracket race these cars. They are always at a dragstrip with timing equipment. Why not use it.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I feel that if they could ensure that the tewo cars were at least in the same league the races would be better. They tend to have so many miss matches like 11 second cars up against 12's. If they could make sure it would be a good race, then they might not have to give stupiod amounts of car lengths (or lengths at all) and the races would be better. Seriously, some of those shouldn't even be called races, theyshould be called catch-ups. Once you ask someone for 5-10 lengths, you have already conceded that the other person is faster than you. After that there's no real point in racing. Watching to see how fast the car in the back can catch-up to the slower car is not a race, and after a while isn't even entertaining.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

My problem is, why don't they actually bracket race these cars. They are always at a dragstrip with timing equipment. Why not use it.
to make it feel like old school street racing...that is their reason. The guys on the first episode went online after claiming that the show was fake, so.....
Old 07-07-2006, 07:30 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

i don't know if is fake or not but this guy from texas won and he actually tooke the two cars with him, he showed them off on one of our "sonic" meetings in garland tx and then he sold it, i guess they just tell the guys to give more drama, and try to get it to 5 races for the being of the show
Old 07-09-2006, 06:12 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Pinks is a good concept, but its damn agrivating the way that they do it. It is dumb to race cars that don't match up and argue/negotiate lenghts, and not use the timing equipment. I rarely watch it.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
BCP
2nd Gear Member

Definately not fake. I was at MIR for the taping of the 06 season premeire with the guys from JPC. There is alot of things that happen that dont make it into the show, including lots of drama.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
fordboyyfm
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i was there with leaf. definatley not fake. and you do loose your car for all of you that think you dont. junstin took our car home with him. they usually do try to match up a race with cars that will be close. but in this case the car we were supposed to race wasnt ready or backed out or something. so jpc came down to race us. also it usually goes to the last race because the host wants it too every time, he doesnt want to see a sweep so pretty much whatever race he wants to happen happens. watch the show, if a guy has a few wins and the other guy doesnt they always set up a race that the other car should win. definatley not fake, nothing planned at all. what you see is real. and like said above theres allot you dont see. i bet that show took atleast two hours for 5 races if not more. there was almost a fight with the host, another fight between the two sides, allot of arguing during the negotiating. but i will say that had to be some of the most fun ive ever had down there that night.

Quick Reply: Am I the only person that thinks pinks is fake.