Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Any roadracers??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:16 PM
jasper gt kid
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Any roadracers??

Hey dude well my self and my uncle are inthe scca and porsche club sooo i kno a little bit but it all goes to what class you are going to apply, but you have to have a roll cage in every class. Then it goes to like fuel cells and then a class up fire extengushing system sooo you know would like a rule book i can email you one for scca.... let me know.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:30 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thnkfast

I had the Maximum Motorsports "Road and Track" kit put in my car and I'm really happy with it. The kit contains most of the before mentioned parts. I'm in the process of putting in a cage and harnesses, after seeing some pretty bad wrecks at a couple of HPDE's. I'm pretty new to this, but would recommend making your car stop and turn before making it go faster. Here's a pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50970/CA8374C839C3408C9066636B3F217499.gif[/IMG]

I agree brakes and tires
Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 PM
CPmustang

https://mustangforums.com/m_2734931/tm.htm

This is my post selling my RR/Autox mustang. Check the link to the rest of the pictures and that will give you a good idea of what needs to happen to make a Fox body mustang behave "normally" at speed. Ive been able to totally dial out the snap oversteer, bump steer etc.

I built the car on a budget myself and its about as good as it's going to get without going full tube chassis and spending a ton of time on further suspension development.

One thing I have to say though, is man what a fun ride! Don't hesitate to get into the sport, its very fun-addicting-rewarding to see changes you make have an impact on handling and lap times.

Id say must have items are: improved rear suspension/axle locating method, adjustable shocks and struts (learn to adjust them, its worth it and not that hard) chassis stiffness (im running subframes and a cage- crazy stiff- i can jack up one wheel and pick up the adjacent too as well and still open and close the doors!)

That would be a good start to a fun project (or buy mine, sorry I had too )

Kevin
Old 05-19-2007, 10:46 AM
angrystick87
1st Gear Member

6 months later........

and

She's gutted... no more interior
a/c delete
new harnesses
new seats, tenzo and kirkly
battery relocate
A TRAILOR so I don't HAVE to keep it together

I have held off on the cage, as I'm still reducing weight and don't want to do an overkill on the tubing thickness. AI within 2 years is the goal. I am very lucky that I have been able to hang out with the BMW, NASA guys for free tires and advice. My first Autox is this sunday.... so I'm excited to see what happens.

have any of you guys run at VIR (Virgina Internationl Raceway) They have a country club like membership for around $3600/year and they offer member days most every week. I'm only about an hour away so I'm thinking that the car will eventually be built for this track.

What kind of $$$$ does it take WITHOUT SPONSERSHIP to run a few AI events a year?

hopin she holds together
jp
Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
WildBill3

Just getting started doing the ontrack for time thing having fun withit autox alot over the years and circle tracked with sucsess but this left right thing is a handfull hope to do some more @Topekas Heatland park this year hope you get your car worked out Saftey first man .....Wild
Old 05-31-2007, 07:14 PM
marekra

I Road race with VARA and HSR-West for vintage and historic B-Production Modified.

I started with autocross then open-track.
I updated the car starting with the brakes and suspension then thru the engine as I went along, and as I had the $$ to spend.
I suggest that you get started with what you have. Learn both your car and your own limits. Then progress as yo get $$.
It currently costs me @ $1000 per race to run. this account for entry, gas, hotel, & tires. Then of course the cost goes up with parts.
Check out the rules for your group to determine the safety equip needed and the mods allowed to the car. I have far less in my car @ $20k then my competetors. I'm cheap and short on funds.

Bob
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Feffman
Banned

Hi All:

A quick note to let you know MVP Track Time has a few spots open for July 23rd at Putnam Park and a few less spots open for Autobahn Country Club (full track) August 20th. E-mail me for the registration or you can register on line at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

At the request of a number of drivers, we are now making lunch available for your guests. So if the spouse, kids or friends are coming to the track with you, they too can enjoy a nice catered lunch. Your lunch, as an MVP Track Time driver, is of course included with registration.

We have some photos on the MVP web site from June 4th at Autobahn (the wettest day in my driving history) and a thorough explanation of helmet ratings compliments of Simpson racing. Remember SA2000 or newer helmets!

July 23rd will be here before we know it. I hope to see all of you at the track. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
(314) 249-3770
Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com
www.MVPTrackTime.com