Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Who else is going to Sebring May 3rd with CHIN?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:00 PM
TRAKCAR
1st Gear Member

Default Who else is going to Sebring May 3rd with CHIN?

I signed up with my brother to go to Sebring with www.chinmotorsports.com,

Any other Mustangs going?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:08 PM
TRAKCAR
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Who else is going to Sebring May 3rd with CHIN?

Maybe we can add a 3rd grouping under speedzone called track days?

I see more and more Mustangs at these track days....

Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
TRAKCAR
1st Gear Member

No one??
Old 04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
hunterd557
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately the Miata won't be ready in time, and my Mustang isn't going to that level on the track. A few solo events and drifting is about the limit for my Bullitt . . . .once the Miata is ready, however, we'll get a chance to see if light=might!

-Stig
Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM
TRAKCAR
1st Gear Member

Hello Stig,

It seems we are the only ones who are not scared of corners around here .
The miata is the weapon of choice, but any Mustang can be fun at the track, just learn to drive around the issues right?

I am surpised to see so little road race, School days on this Forum, here in South Floirda we see Mustangs on track all the time...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
hunterd557
1st Gear Member

Well, those who don't won't and those who do don't post, LOL! Right now, I'm not as active as I was when I was just instructing. Funny how that works out . . . I've found that majority of people who are very much into it aren't very vocal, you and I are the only exceptions it seems.

Also, what I've found with these Muscle-Car (Mustang, Camaro or otherwise) forums, is that more people are into straight line performance and (as evil as it is) street racing. They really couldn't care less about coil-overs, corner weighting, lateral G force or turning circumfrence, they want to know how fast to 60, 100, top speed they can get, how much they can throw to the ground and how fast they can complete those 400 meters of pure accelleration. When the idea of a balanced car is one that has 1000ft lbs but still doesn't bring the fronts more than 2 feet from the Earth.

I'm not knocking it, it's just not my cup of tea, I prefer setup for Corner 3 over setup for launch 3.

Annnyyyhow, before I make anymore enemies aboard . . .when is the next time you're going to be back up in the Atlanta/North Georgia region? You know there's a drifting event in South Carolina May 3rd, though, you may not be into the sideways stuff.

I have a question for you. Do you think I should sell the Miata and focus on my Bullitt as a track wonder? Or should I just keep my virtues as they stand, track the Miata and continue to daily drive the Bullitt?

-Stig
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 PM
TRAKCAR
1st Gear Member

Yes, I am kinda posting track stuff (Pics, movies etc.) all over this forum to see if there are any out there.

I do like drag racing, went to the NHRA finals in Gainsville and I do go to Moroso here in Florida once in a while and I can enjoy some straight line performance, but it seems a lot of money, for a very short time on the track. The more you spend the less track time you get hahaha!!

It just does not compary to the adrenaline rush of road racing for me, but hey to each his own!

I am not sure about when I go North again, I did a lot over the winter and the Diesel prices are not exactly going down, so it ads up pulling a 44ft trailer with 2 Mustangs in it, especially not when you are unable to drive under 80-85MPH. I wish I could, but I can't [8D]

Miata VS Mustang.. Miata's are generally considered better handelers, but very rarely is it so that I can not pass a Miata, even in the corners, I think itis because you can fit soo much rubber under a Mustang?!
Ifa Miata is faster it is blown like crazy and the only last 3 laps.

If you are OK with being passed there is no more fun for the dollar on the track in a Miata I think, but if you spend the $$ on the Mustang it can be a very rewarding track car that you can still enjoy on the street. Brakes, diff, panhard bar and shocks will go a long way!!

Either way both cars need Mods and in both cases the mods are as cheap is it can get, I personally do not fit in a Miata (6'4"), otherwise I might have swayed in that direction!

My daily drive is an MB S430 AKA flying carpet and 9 out of 10 times I get in the Mustang in the Morning, it just works better than Redbul!! I just love to drive my Mustang on the street, the V8 sounds, the feel, it's just cool to drive around heel-n-toeing, even if all around you think you are nuts

Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
hunterd557
1st Gear Member

I love it all, hahahahaha, my Miata is still in the "planning and assesment" phase of building. My sponsor (Johnson Racing Development http://www.shopjrd.com) is looking into ways to build this car for time attack. So it needs to be nimble, deathly quick and reliable (10 laps of VIR Grand Course will take a toll)

CJ of Johnson Racing Development has spent most of his building career focusing on Mustangs, so he's very excited about this car, as such, he's cutting me a deal I simply cannot resist. He's going to completely convert my Bullitt's suspension over to Cobra front and rear. I'm not sure what excatly is invovled, but the idea of getting back my Independent Rear Suspension, which after driving and racing BMWs and Miatas I greatly miss, is mouth watering to say the least!

I'm definitely considering getting on the track again, especially with the Bullitt, but I'm HIGHLY concerned about the costs of daily driving a car that I race! This is why I'm looking into the prices of drifting and how much of a beating it puts on my daily beast!

If the prices don't mesh, I'll just do the conversion on the Mustang and continue to race the Miata, however, if the durability of the Mustang shines through and prices agree along with parts-wear, then I'll daily drive and race the Mustang ^_^

-Stig
Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 AM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

i'd love to take the Camaro out there, but my fuel pump died[&o] and it would be one heck of a trip from South Dakota
Old 04-18-2008, 07:11 AM
TRAKCAR
1st Gear Member

Stig, I am not sure if you have you need to go independend on the rear of the Bullit, with the 5 link, I seem to be able to adjust more than with IRS Cobra's. I know the car feels like crap in the rear now, but that is all gone by the time you put a Steeda 5 link in.

Maybe the IRS is just not that grat from Ford? or maybe the guys I run with do not know enough to set it up right?

Coil over in the front is worth it I think, but I do not have it.

Why are you concerned about driving the Mustang every day??
Both my brother and me drive them every day, the only thing we change for the track is brake pads, wheels/tires and shock settings, maximum one hour work before and after.

You must go to big brakes, you must have a diff, you must have 5 link or panhard bar, you must have caster camber plates, the rest i snice, but not needed.

Every 3td track (3 months) event I replace brake fluid and every 6 events (6 months) I replace all oil.

The engines are mild and because we are too laze to adjust camber we wear out the tires on the front on the inside, but we flip them avery 15K miles or so.

My car has 67K miles, probably 20K of those are track miles and I never broke anything!? And I do beat the snot out of it to my maximum ability

Quick Reply: Who else is going to Sebring May 3rd with CHIN?