Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Drifting: American cars rocked.

Old 07-22-2005, 08:30 PM
foxbox

Default RE: Drifting: American cars rocked.

lol to bad the best american drifters arent even american. Rhys millen Gto driver is a rally driver from New Zealand and that viper is driven by sam hubinette who is swedish.

and drifting is a motorsport! not japanese culture! everyone can enjoy it
Old 08-11-2005, 06:59 PM
DV19

ORIGINAL: foxbox

lol to bad the best american drifters arent even american. Rhys millen Gto driver is a rally driver from New Zealand and that viper is driven by sam hubinette who is swedish.

Something to keep in mind on this thought: both Rhys and Samuel have 2 of the biggest budgets in the sport. Which has a lot to do with their success.... They both are extremely good but let’s not forget, we do have some boys born here on American soil that are get-r-done as well..... I do think it's ironic though that Both Rhys and Sam speak with strong accents and are driving "American" cars.....
Old 09-30-2005, 04:27 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DV19

ORIGINAL: foxbox

Something to keep in mind on this thought: both Rhys and Samuel have 2 of the biggest budgets in the sport. Which has a lot to do with their success.... They both are extremely good but let’s not forget, we do have some boys born here on American soil that are get-r-done as well..... I do think it's ironic though that Both Rhys and Sam speak with strong accents and are driving "American" cars.....
what the heck is that supposed to mean?? the car is American because it was built in America by (mostly) Americans. every see a white american driving a honda....does that make the honda domestic? i say it's great to see American cars kicking a$$ in any event
Old 10-01-2005, 04:28 AM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Amen! How bout V.G. JR. he's my favorite, and one of these days he'll be able to compete in the 05 Mustang consistantly too.. I think he just liked the 240sx more. The nose heavy domestics are actually horrible for drifting stock, theres so much weight distribution work done on those Mustangs and GTO's it's not even funny. They're probably pretty close to the same weight distribution of those imports.

I'm a huge fan of drifting (that doesn't mean I follow it, I just love that type of driving and competition) and I cannot wait to get my '06 Mustang GT and turn it into a drifter. I'll get so much crap from a majority of the members here but thats ok.. I'll have fun.

Anybody else going that route at all? I've been trying to plot out my mods in advance:

Xcaliber tuner
3.72 gears, dunno what locker I want yet but obviously a badass one.
clutch
flywheel
tein SS damper coilovers with 330lbs/in front and rear spring rate
gotta find a rear sway bar