Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:58 AM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

Rain tires and windshield wipers. Sure they wouldn't be going close to 200 anywhere in the rain, but the banking is not anywhere near 40 degrees at any of the tracks. It is not the car would just slide down the banking becasue of water on the track

Put on rain tires and install windshield wipers and let them go. It would likely be far more entertaining and "true" racing than what they have now with all these convenient yellows at opportune times (for certain drivers and teams anyways)

And I too would really like the car based on the cars you can buy off the dealers lot, rwd, front engine,oem body panels and windshield opening etc...

So you know Ford would have to use the Mustang, awesome!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:23 AM
MySlowGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
yeah I agree, lets make them race around a track where they normally race at 200 mph and they will do 60 mph because the car will barely hold that speed because of a 40 degree banking. That would be magical.

BTW. one of the most boring things to watch is F1 let alone F1 in the rain
I disagree but that's just me. F1 on the rain is f1 at its best. Takes the engineering out and makes it mostly about the driver. To each is their own though. You should check out Australian v8 super cars the Aussie version of nascar with right hand corners
Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MySlowGT
I disagree but that's just me. F1 on the rain is f1 at its best. Takes the engineering out and makes it mostly about the driver. To each is their own though. You should check out Australian v8 super cars the Aussie version of nascar with right hand corners
I love watching NASCAR on road courses and aussie super cars are cool
Old 05-06-2014, 12:49 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13V6coupe
Rain tires and windshield wipers. Sure they wouldn't be going close to 200 anywhere in the rain, but the banking is not anywhere near 40 degrees at any of the tracks. It is not the car would just slide down the banking becasue of water on the track

Put on rain tires and install windshield wipers and let them go. It would likely be far more entertaining and "true" racing than what they have now with all these convenient yellows at opportune times (for certain drivers and teams anyways)

And I too would really like the car based on the cars you can buy off the dealers lot, rwd, front engine,oem body panels and windshield opening etc...

So you know Ford would have to use the Mustang, awesome!
First off windshield wipers would float at 140 mph. In F1, they have about 100 ft of gravel trap to stop the cars before they hit 30 feet of tires. SISSIES. NASCAR has concrete leading to 2 ft of concrete. NASCAR has put some of the Nationwide cars on road courses in the rain. It didn't work very well.
Besides that I wouldn't pay $100 to sit in the rain and watch a bunch of cars run around at half speed and not be able to see anything because of the spray. Windshield opening? Body panels opening? I don't understand that one.
I do like the idea of the cars being based on dealership cars. But at 200 mph they would almost leave the ground. They tried that until the 50s and the superspeedways came around. Did you know that in the 1969 Daytona Charger (the one with the big wing) at the end of the straightaway you could turn the steering wheel from lock to lock and the car wouldn't turn? You had to slow the car down to settle the front tires onto the track before you make the turn. SISSIES at 200 mph huh. A NASCAR stock car hasn't been a stock car for a long time
and they get farther away all the time.
My friend, you don't seem to know what you are talking about. First of all I'm not 100% sure of the angle of Daytona and Talledega but it is definitely close to 40 degrees. Most of the things which are done in stock car racing are done because of safety of the fans and drivers. A 3500 lb car flying into the stands would ruin a few people's day.

PS. The Camaro and Mustang are used in Nationwide series. Once again though they are anything but stock

Last edited by buster; 05-21-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:26 PM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

My response was to Busters post...I did not call them sissies

Daytona banking is what 31 degrees? That sure aint close to 40 degrees...
Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 PM
95gtconvert
2nd Gear Member

I like road races versus nascar races because of the technical tracks and how intense they can be if it's endurance racing like LeMans or the rolex series
Old 07-01-2014, 11:39 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95gtconvert
I like road races versus nascar races because of the technical tracks and how intense they can be if it's endurance racing like LeMans or the rolex series
I agree
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13V6coupe
My response was to Busters post...I did not call them sissies

Daytona banking is what 31 degrees? That sure aint close to 40 degrees...
Beg my pardon, please read a little harder on the last paragraph of my post and sorry, I thought u started this post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:19 AM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

In the old days of Nascar, when the cars that were in the race resembled what your Dad drove to work during the week, the Big Three had this saying: "Win on Sunday sell on Monday".

The only resemblance now is that the cars that are raced must have the same shaped hood, slope to the windshield, same roof line, slope to the rear window and same shape as the trunk lid of the cars they are representing.

When the cars go thru their pre race inspection a template is placed on the car that has the same shape as the stock version. I've been to only two races and was fortunate to have all access passes at one and saw the inspections process and asked a Nascar official what the templates were for and that was the explanation given to me at that time.

I am not a big fan of Nascar but I am more likely to watch a race on a road course as opposed to a race on the oval, just seems more fun to me. But having been on the track at Charlotte those banked turns are scary steep, these drivers are not wussies as someone said in an earlier post.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:32 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vbstang13
In the old days of Nascar, when the cars that were in the race resembled what your Dad drove to work during the week, the Big Three had this saying: "Win on Sunday sell on Monday".

The only resemblance now is that the cars that are raced must have the same shaped hood, slope to the windshield, same roof line, slope to the rear window and same shape as the trunk lid of the cars they are representing.

When the cars go thru their pre race inspection a template is placed on the car that has the same shape as the stock version. I've been to only two races and was fortunate to have all access passes at one and saw the inspections process and asked a Nascar official what the templates were for and that was the explanation given to me at that time.

I am not a big fan of Nascar but I am more likely to watch a race on a road course as opposed to a race on the oval, just seems more fun to me. But having been on the track at Charlotte those banked turns are scary steep, these drivers are not wussies as someone said in an earlier post.
Somebody took the position that stock car drivers should be racing in the rain at Daytona

Quick Reply: NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.