Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

NASCAR cars are so different than the cars they represent that I have no interest in it at all. I did like the old stock car racing.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:00 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

So exactly what professions are everyone else in that is less sissy than mixing it up with 40 other guys driving multi-thousand pound vehicles at triple digit speeds often within inches of each other?

I make no claims on it's entertainment value (I'm not really into spectating any kind of sport myself). And it's redneck qualities are admittedly fairly self evident. But to claim these guys are sissies? That's just idiotic.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Steve@Tasca
Former Sponsor

Pretty much all drivers look like sissies next to these guys.

Isle of Mann TT
Old 11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve@Tasca

Isle of Mann TT
No argument here.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Steve@Tasca
Former Sponsor

I do respect Nascar drivers but I also believe that they could run in the rain if they chose to. It would slow them down, no question about that but it could certainly make for some entertaining racing.

Of course trying to convince Nascar fans to sit in the rain and watch a race would be something else entirely.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:37 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Old style

Originally Posted by Rolling13
NASCAR cars are so different than the cars they represent that I have no interest in it at all. I did like the old stock car racing.
I agree, the factory's need to be involved again to get my interest.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:30 AM
MySlowGT
1st Gear Member

Sorry in advance for being so late to this thread, I just found it though lol.

As much as i love Formula 1, and dislike NASCAR they're completely different sports. You cannot honestly believe it's safe on any level for those guys to race in the rain.

First of all a huge amount of oval tracks have very steep slopes, in rain I'm sure that would be insanely scary. Add in the fact that you're often racing with 2 other cars on the side of you and 30+ cars behind you with small gaps that take no time to close when things go wrong. You'll be playing frogger with 40 cars in the wet where knee jerk steering input trying to avoid a car will only cause additional accidents.

You have to remember traditional road courses have big gaps between races after a couple laps, and generally have a "single file line" that allows you to get a little bit out of control without wrecking into another car. Also when things go wrong that's what yellow and red flags are for, they just don't work the same in NASCAR versus F1. Believe me i love F1 and would be the last one to defend nascar... but i think what NASCAR does makes sense as long as they're racing on ovals

even though ovals are lame :P
Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

yeah I agree, lets make them race around a track where they normally race at 200 mph and they will do 60 mph because the car will barely hold that speed because of a 40 degree banking. That would be magical.

BTW. one of the most boring things to watch is F1 let alone F1 in the rain
Old 04-19-2014, 10:41 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve@Tasca

Isle of Mann TT Isle of Man TT - BEST of the BEST [ORIGINAL Footage] HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube
I watched a documentary on this race. What did they say, 105 years, 230 deaths at this race. I know when you do something like this you accept the risks, but this is a deathwish
Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

well I watched a bit of F1 this week. In the first 16 laps the 1st place car was 16 seconds in front of second place. You talk about excitement!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.