Pennsylvania (Philly/Tristate) Regional Chapter Chapter President: teej281

Testing the waters...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Default Testing the waters...

I thought I would float this out there, just to see what kind of serious interest there might be. I'm thinking of selling my Mach 1, but I don't plan on giving it away!

The car cost just shy of $29k when I ordered it in 2002. It has been officially certified by Ford as being the 92nd Mustang Mach 1 built for 2003, and it was the very first one sold in the State of Delaware. It has been modified over the years, and it was extensively modified in November-December 2008.

It was a daily driver for about the first six years, but it was always garage kept, well maintained, and cleaned on a weekly basis. The chassis and transmission have about 68k miles on them, but most everything else, including the motor, fuel system, driveshaft, and rear end, axles and brakes have just over 5k miles. Most of the original stock parts are gone, so there is really no going back at this point.

I have all the original invoices for the 2008 build, showing the items purchased, cost of the part, and cost to install. All parts were purchased, and all installation work was done by Tillman Speed in Aston, Pa., as well as the tuning by Chris Rose after the build. The total cost of that build was $31,000.00. All parts used in the build are top tier aftermarket performance parts, or Ford Racing parts. There ain't no junk here!

To be totally honest, the car isn't perfect. It has numerous paint blemishes from it's life as a daily driver. The windshield is pitted, no cracks, just pitted. The driver's seat door side bolster is toast. Most of the foam has disintegrated, and the fake leather is all wrinkled up. It's in need of a front end alignment, and the Kenne Bell blower should be rebuilt to replace seals and the front coupler.

None of these things makes the car not drivable. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive to Florida and back right now. The car has a valid Delaware registration/inspection sticker good until March of 2012. I would also include the SCT Xcal 3 handheld tuner that contains the Tillman Dyno tune, as well as an emissions tune that calibrates the OBDII monitors for state emissions testing.

Like I said at the beginning, I'm just looking to see if any serious interest would be generated, and I refuse to give the car away. I will keep it before that will happen. I don't want to dicker, bicker, trade, or take your first born! What I will take is a certified or cashiers check, money order, or cash in the amount of $23,500.00.

I'd like to sell it locally, since there are fewer headaches that way, that's why my first post is here in our regional forum area.

There are links in my sig to see the full mod list, and my Webshots photo albums.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

That is one sweet Mach 1. GLWS
Old 10-01-2010, 12:43 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Hey man, your car is awesome!!! I wish i could buy it like super serious, but just can afford it right now. My suggestion is wait til spring and sell it @ fords at Carlisle!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
rwh129
4th Gear Member

just curious did it sell? 23.5K seems high