Pennsylvania (Philly/Tristate) Regional Chapter Chapter President: teej281

Ponies in the Poconos May 4-7 @ Pocono Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 AM
sportscars

Exclamation Ponies in the Poconos May 4-7 @ Pocono Raceway

Hello everyone,

Many of you already know about the Ponies in the Poconos event, but for those who don't here is the info:

May 4-7, 2011 at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, PA
Thursday is a Full Performance Driving Clinic (PDC) from the Bertil Roos Racing School including instruction tailored to your experience level, whether first timer or seasoned veteran.
Thursday evening is a welcome reception with food and open bar
Friday is another full day at the track with Bertil Roos
Friday evening is a banquet with guest speaker Gary Patterson from Shelby American
Saturday is the car show followed by lunch and then a poker run thru the Pocono mountains.

Shelby American will also be sending a trailer full of new cars to the event.

All the details can be found on the website:
http://www.poniesinthepoconos.com

Its going to be a GREAT time!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Never heard of this event, like to enter the car show but 250$ to register?????? gotta pass on that.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
rwh129
4th Gear Member

uberstang is right. Thats a lot $$ for a car show. Whats the cost to enter as a spectator.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
mustangted
1st Gear Member

250? GUESS they only want 50 cars.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by mustangted
250? GUESS they only want 50 cars.
If you bring a passenger it jumps to 300......... and thats the cheap package some go up to 500 for the dinner and the autocross.......
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
sportscars

Well, the $250 package includes a very nice goodie bag, a catered banquet dinner with door prizes, the car show with awards/plaques/trophys, lunch and the poker run - again with prizes.

The packages go up to $1000 for the full event which includes two full days of racing school on Pocono Raceway's north course. Not some part time guy who claims to be an instructor, but a full time professional racing instructor. A full day of Performance Driving Clinic normally costs $500. Your getting 2 of those days. You also get a welcome reception with great food and an open bar plus everything the two day package includes. And the possibility to ride in a new 624hp GT350 or an 800hp Super Snake on the track (I can't guarantee how many people will get rides because they are not my cars).

Yes it will not appeal to everyone, but for those who do attend it will be worth it.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Ya i just say that wow" way too $$ pricey. I would have loved to go saturday for the carshow !
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Thats just way to much money for a car show, I can go to car shows pay 20 bucks and get a goodie bag and they have throphies for tons of classes 1st-3rd. 250-300$ JUST for a car show, a meal, and a poker run is outrageous in my opinion. With a normal fee of 25-50$ you would def get alot more people and make alot more money.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:57 AM
sportscars

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Thats just way to much money for a car show, I can go to car shows pay 20 bucks and get a goodie bag and they have throphies for tons of classes 1st-3rd. 250-300$ JUST for a car show, a meal, and a poker run is outrageous in my opinion. With a normal fee of 25-50$ you would def get alot more people and make alot more money.
Well I get that I'm not going to change your mind and I understand that this event isn't for everyone, but the goodie bag alone costs over $50. The catered dinner is another $40, thousands of dollars in door prizes, the saturday lunch and the poker run with prizes. Executives from Shelby American. Four brand new Shelby cars including the new 800 hp Super Snake.

It's kinda like saying "why spend $30,000 for a mustang when I can get a Hyundai for $12,000?" Again, not for everyone, but as with many other things in life, you get what you pay for. This deffinately isnt just a $20 car show. Not that I'm bashing $20 car shows - they certainly have thier place and thier customer base.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by sportscars
Well I get that I'm not going to change your mind and I understand that this event isn't for everyone, but the goodie bag alone costs over $50. The catered dinner is another $40, thousands of dollars in door prizes, the saturday lunch and the poker run with prizes. Executives from Shelby American. Four brand new Shelby cars including the new 800 hp Super Snake.

It's kinda like saying "why spend $30,000 for a mustang when I can get a Hyundai for $12,000?" Again, not for everyone, but as with many other things in life, you get what you pay for. This deffinately isnt just a $20 car show. Not that I'm bashing $20 car shows - they certainly have thier place and thier customer base.
Well not everyone wants a dinner and this and that, when I go to a car show I just wanted to enter my car, talk cars with otheres that entered and show off my hard work. I don't care if theres supersnakes there you can see them at any car show. This show can never hold a candle to the carlisle all ford nationals which you get WAY more for and your entry fee costs about 40$, shelbys at that oen there two, tons of events, burnout contests , thousands of cars, just way more period.

Quick Reply: Ponies in the Poconos May 4-7 @ Pocono Raceway