Pennsylvania (Philly/Tristate) Regional Chapter Chapter President: teej281

Any PITTSBURGH members here???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Default Any PITTSBURGH members here???

I live in New Mexico now, but I'm originally from Pittsburgh. This is the first time I've really visited this chapter because I thought it was a Philadelphia/eastern Pennsylvania chapter, but it seems people here are from all over.

My mustang is getting the Steelers treatment. I have a black convertible 2001 GT. So far all I've done to Steelers-customize it is my seat covers, steering wheel cover, floor mats, and front bumper license plate.

I was just seeing if any of you Steelers fans had any other ideas or links to cool Steelers stuff for my mustang.

I was looking into these 48" flame decals to run from my wheel well across my door...and maybe some smaller ones (24" or 36") of the same version on the hood, any comments? Alot of people around here seem to hate flames, but I think they would give me a nice black and gold touch:

http://www.westonsigns.com/product.p...0&cat=0&page=1

Hope to find another Steelers-Stanger or two.

Philly fans...be nice, I'm new
Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Cough... Go Ravens! ...Cough

Jk I'm sure there are other Steelers fans on here. They seem to be everywhere....
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by speedkills
Cough... Go Ravens! ...Cough

Jk I'm sure there are other Steelers fans on here. They seem to be everywhere....
Yes indeed, Go Ravens, to Heinz Field. I seem to always enjoy when the Ravens go to Heinz Field. To be honest I don't mind the view from Baltimore either It's been pretty fun these past few years...well, at least for one of us

On a flattery note...I wouldn't mind having Flacco as a back up...and even Ed Reed in his old age would be a nice addition. Oh, and I'd start Ray Rice over Mendenhall in a heartbeat, but having both would make for one hell of a one two punch You can keep Ray Lewis though.

Last edited by Tommy079; 05-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Ravens vs Steelers is certainly one of the best rivalry in football, much better than any Jets and New England bs. As far as the players go you can have Flacco I'm not a fan lol. I'm defiantly looking forward to the first game of the season next year, should be a good one!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

I like how the Steelers Browns rivalry evolved into the Steelers Ravens rivalry. In Pittsburgh all over town in 1996 (when the ravens were born ) They had pictures posted of the 1996 Cleveland Browns. It was just empty bleechers! I still laugh every time I think about it!

But it was also sad after a while. I'm glad the Browns came back...it sure helps with division titles, and I missed being able to dislike the Browns.

But I must say, disliking the Ravens is much more fun!

But I like you
Old 05-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Am I really the only guy from Pittsburgh???
Old 05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Tommy079
Am I really the only guy from Pittsburgh???
Probably
How about those Pirates, lol!!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Probably
How about those Pirates, lol!!
Yeah it's been difficult to be a Pirates fan for some time now. It hasn't been much fun since the days of Bonds and Bonilla. And that was like 20 years ago now.

But it's been all Steel in the last decade. And the Pens hit a come up since the additions of Crosby and Malkin.

Gotta support the home teams! Otherwise you're just a poser wearing the wrong team's colors. Especially when you live as far from home as I do. I'd go to Pirate games for sure if I still lived in town. (it's not that expensive )

I really was hoping to meet some Pittsburgh Mustang fanatics. I'll keep fishing around.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I grew up in Johnstown, PA and moved out to Pittsburgh to attend school back in 1995. I lived on the South Side on East Carson Street for several years and then moved to GA.
Pittsburgh has grown so much since I left, it's quite impressive! I grew up a Steelers and Penguin fan! I played ice hockey for JHS back in the day and also played on a travel team and competed in the Northeast. I was fortunate enough to play our Jr. High School championship hockey game at the Mellon Arena against North Allegheny. We lost, but it was a great experience!!! The only decorative Pittsburgh thing I have in my Mustang is a little Penguin hockey guy hanging from my rear view mirrow. =-)

Last edited by kevinmalec; 05-16-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Martinarcher64
2nd Gear Member

I live an hour north of Pittsburgh and am down there all the time. My girlfriend works downtown. We are both Steelers fans.

Last edited by Martinarcher64; 05-16-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Any PITTSBURGH members here???