Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Boost cooler is in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Boost cooler is in!

good number bud...
Old 05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

glad you're happy with it man
Old 05-14-2006, 06:45 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

can someone explain to me what water/methanol injection is? i was reading on the snow performance site that they use windshield washer fluid and such. im just soo confused and dont have a clue about it
Old 05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

most windshield washer fluid is water & methanol (stay away from anything with de-icer in it). it acts as an intercooler for your car and also an octane booster. thus, allowing you to run more timing.

you can buy snow performance's 50/50 mixture from their website, which has half methanol and half water. the cheap blue stuff for $2 or less at gas stations (-20) is 70/30 mixture, which works just fine. you can either tap your existing windshield washer resevoir or put the tank in that they supply. given the existing one holds more, i just had mine tapped. putting their tank in also requires a battery relocation.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:59 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

most windshield washer fluid is water & methanol (stay away from anything with de-icer in it). it acts as an intercooler for your car and also an octane booster. thus, allowing you to run more timing.

you can buy snow performance's 50/50 mixture from their website, which has half methanol and half water. the cheap blue stuff for $2 or less at gas stations (-20) is 70/30 mixture, which works just fine. you can either tap your existing windshield washer resevoir or put the tank in that they supply. given the existing one holds more, i just had mine tapped. putting their tank in also requires a battery relocation.
soo what kit did you buy from them? will i see hp gains with no s/c?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:13 PM
mlax
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was there on Sat. when the fox was on the dyno. There was a lot of people there. Was you stang the red one in the garage?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

what place are you guys talking about? is it in va?
Old 05-14-2006, 09:11 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: mlax

Yeah I was there on Sat. when the fox was on the dyno. There was a lot of people there. Was you stang the red one in the garage?
nah. mine was the blue one that said OH SHAT on the plates on the far right lift (the one that LOOKS stock). you may have come after i left. i was there for about an hour or so. left a bit after 1.

we're talking about excessive motorsports.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:56 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

how much do you think the methonal kit will add to a car that already has an aftercooler? i still think it should do something cause the air will be cooler yet..... do you think i would hit 460rwhp? also.... im getting a new tranny and flywheel and everything on tuesday... thats less drivetrain loss so more rwhp... would that matter with the motor blowing... im intrested in this water injection...
Old 05-15-2006, 09:26 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

how much do you think the methonal kit will add to a car that already has an aftercooler? i still think it should do something cause the air will be cooler yet..... do you think i would hit 460rwhp? also.... im getting a new tranny and flywheel and everything on tuesday... thats less drivetrain loss so more rwhp... would that matter with the motor blowing... im intrested in this water injection...
funny you should ask that. the day before i brought my car in, they just did an intercooled fox body and got over 100RWHP with the largest jets with the snow performance cooler.

Quick Reply: Boost cooler is in!