Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

SLP vs. Magnapacks

Old 08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
AhhCobras

Default SLP vs. Magnapacks

I cant find any decent videos with SLP, but I have found a bunch of magnapacks and they sound awesome! Im leaning towards magnapacks but what would you reccomend to match them up with, an H pipe or X? Does it sound good paired up with an MRT catted H? I cant find any clips of that. Thanks
Old 08-03-2004, 06:20 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP vs. Magnapacks

The SLP exhaust is a lot raspier than the magnaflow systems. I have never liked the sound of SLP exhausts to begin with.

An H-pipe gives the more muscle car sound and a little less power. The x-pipe gives a more sport sound and more power up top.

I have a catted magna x and the packs. I can't dream of a better set-up, minus long tubes and an O/R X. Fairly quiet when you want loud as hell when you do too.

I would stick with the Magna's good stuff easy bolt on, plus the tips look better too
Old 08-03-2004, 06:30 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Ill go ahead and be the first peron on this post to mention that if you want your car to sound like it has *****, get flows. Your not sacrificing THAT much hp by choosing flows over the magnas. The only time you would worry about performance when choosing mufflers is when you have a car that is pushing serious hp. I keep hearing people whining about the honing from flows too...GET A SOUND SYSTEM then you wont hear it AND your car will sound like it eats small children.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:47 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Well flows can't hold a candle to packs at WOT. Flows are tinny, more so with a x-pipe, drone like a mother at 2000rpm.

It doesn't matter if you ae aren't pushing serious HP, every bit counts if power is what you want.

I for one am into performance, I am not going to put in subs and crap that weight the car down. I would much rather listen to my car then the radio.

I cringe at the sound of flows. Just hollow bass, nothing to the sound. Just not a fan.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

SLP mufflers (resonators) are smaller, they are far more raspier than Magnapacks.

My vote is for packs!!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

the slp system is identical to the magnaPACK system. whatever you can get for the best price is the way to go.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:54 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

I didn't like the raspiness of the SLP system either...get the Magnapacks.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:49 AM
bobby
5th Gear Member

i have mac equal lengths, bbk o.r h pipe, and 2 chamber flows with dumps, if i put maganaflows on how much louder would it be, and would it sound better? thanks
Old 08-06-2004, 11:04 AM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

the slp system is identical to the magnaPACK system. whatever you can get for the best price is the way to go.

Well said nomo. I for one like sound as well as performance. But I also like saving money too. I'm a cheap bastard. Can I say bastard on this forum?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:14 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: White2000GT

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

Well said nomo. I for one like sound as well as performance. But I also like saving money too. I'm a cheap bastard. Can I say bastard on this forum?
haha guess so? it didnt **** it out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP vs. Magnapacks