Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Need Louder Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Need Louder Exhaust

Yeah, Flowmasters flow bad enough as it is, I can't imagine how horrible the Flowmaster 3 chambers are.

IMO, on a blown Cobra - I would go straight thru exhaust only, the HP gains will be substantially higher & worth the money than a baffled muffler.

I vote Magnaflow.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:44 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

If you dont wanna be to loud, but you wanna make that car exhale better, I would install and off-road h-pipe and a magnaflow cat-back. If you dont like Magnaflow then look into Flowmasters 3 chamberd deltaflow designs. With Flowmaster, remember, the MORE chambers the quieter it will be. The deltaflow part of the muffler quiets the interior sound and helps to eliminate that 2k rpm drone. SLP and Borla's XR-1 line of mufflers are going to be very loud.
The 2k drone is what you are going to want to avoid...it's a ****. I have tried flowmaster and Ravin exhausts on my '03 GT and asked everyone on here what I could do to get rid of the drone. The Magnaflows worked! It's not as loud, but it still sounds vicious.

If you are just looking for a sound with a bit more attitude without it being obnoxios AND some kick a$$ looking tips, just go with Magnaflow. They make a really nice mandrel bent stainless steel catback for your car.

The midpipe is fairly restrictive too but if you don't want to void your emissions warranty, leave it alone for now.

Volume is costly! Either it's straight through mufflers and you go deaf or it's chambered mufflers and they drone.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:54 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

IMO, on a blown Cobra - I would go straight thru exhaust only, the HP gains will be substantially higher & worth the money than a baffled muffler.

I vote Magnaflow.
I second the notion and will move this post to the appropriate area!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

Yeah, Flowmasters flow bad enough as it is, I can't imagine how horrible the Flowmaster 3 chambers are.

I vote Magnaflow.
I agree with the striaght through idea. I just striaght piped the wifes 00 GT, and
it is the best damn exhaust note I have heard (VERY LOUD though).
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone for your posts. I just heard a sound bite from www.mustangexhaust.com of an 01 Cobra with factory mufflers and headers with a Bassani X-pipe without cats and it sounded awsome. Has anyone done this?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:33 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

If you change the mid-pipe, change the cat-back too
Old 09-10-2004, 08:33 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

can't get much louder than this. <3

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
Old 09-10-2004, 02:39 PM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

Nanaki,
Thanks for the link but, I think that's a little too much.

I just ordered the Bassani BX cat back system, I should have it tomorrow. I will let you all know how I like it after it's installed.

Thanks everyone for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 09-11-2004, 12:08 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

should have went stainless, dude
Old 09-11-2004, 01:22 PM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

04ShakinSteed,

Thanks for your reply. I really didn't think I needed the stainless steel version besause this is more of a pleasure car for me. It will not be driven in the rain or snow. I installed it last night and it sounds great! Nice deep tone, really nice.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Need Louder Exhaust