Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

$1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:35 PM
393Bird
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Does the punch to make the drain hole in the pan come with the hose kit?

Old 06-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rp4643

frostbit, so with my Saleen everything you have listed wwould work but I would have to change the underdrive pulleys to stock GT, Correct, Is there any other items I would need? gears? Im at 3:55? , Plugs, fule pump, injectors.. I suppose if you call them they will tell you everything needed. I just dont want to under-cover or over kill.

I have o/r H pipes and a JLT CIA plus a SCT2 tune now. a lame 250 HP is all im getting but im at 5300 feet
Only other things you will need that arent included in the parts list are new spark plugs (NGK TR6), 42# injectors, most likely a 90mm MAF meter, and its recommended you install an SVT Focus fuel pump. You can sell your JLT CAI to make up for some cash and use your SCT2 when you go to have it dyno tuned. 250whp isnt too bad for your mods.....

ORIGINAL:d3adbolt

*whipes tears from eyes* they don't have mounting kits for new edge 3.8's. the woes of being the hated 6
If there is anything you cant find on the website, just give them a call and im sure they can find it for you. Tony will probably answer the phone and if he doesnt have the answers, he'll call vortech and get it for you.....

Old 06-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 393Bird

Does the punch to make the drain hole in the pan come with the hose kit?

Nope, youll need to make a trip to the hardware store for that one.....
Old 06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
holmes14
2nd Gear Member

Hey great write up man, im young and low on cash and this makes getting a supercharger realistic for me. I have a 99 Mustang GT aniversy edition or whatever. My car has around 80k on it, it runs strong as hell but i just wanna make sure this isnt to many miles to throw a supercharger on right? id just run 8psi w/o the intercooler. Will this shorten my motor life allot? My dad has restored allot of cars, and knows allot about cars but has never messed with superchargers, will me and him still be able to put this on my car?One more thing, will i be able to keep my stock gears and clutch in till i save up some more money to change those out? if you could answer those questions for me thatd be great. Thanks, Joey
Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Fobra
Banned

send me a pm for 42s and 90mm for 300 - cheapest ive found is 370.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: holmes14

Hey great write up man, im young and low on cash and this makes getting a supercharger realistic for me. I have a 99 Mustang GT aniversy edition or whatever. My car has around 80k on it, it runs strong as hell but i just wanna make sure this isnt to many miles to throw a supercharger on right? id just run 8psi w/o the intercooler. Will this shorten my motor life allot? My dad has restored allot of cars, and knows allot about cars but has never messed with superchargers, will me and him still be able to put this on my car?One more thing, will i be able to keep my stock gears and clutch in till i save up some more money to change those out? if you could answer those questions for me thatd be great. Thanks, Joey
Thanks, this was the only way I could afford one while still in school. Mine had 90k on it when I installed the blower. I have put around 30k on it since then and Mine still runs like new. I have been also running 8psi non-intercooled until just recently. Make sure you have a good tune and im sure you will have no problems. Every now and then youll have some people blow their motors, but usually its either driver error, bad tune, or too much power. 8psi non cooled will get you about 350-360whp and thats very safe. The reliable limit is around 420whp. With 350whp, I ran right next to a stock 03 cobra neither car pulled on the other. The GT's have a nice weight advantage. You and your dad can definately install the kit. I did it by myself in a parking lot. The hardest thing is getting the belt on around the supercharger. Took me all day but was well worth it. Your stock gears will be fine, but youll see huge low end improvements with steeper gears like 3:73's. The stock clutch can handle some decent power. You wont have any problem with it. Just start buying the pieces for it one at a time and before you know it, youll have the whole kit sitting on the floor......
Old 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Oh yea if anyone is serious about doing this, I have a complete air intake assembly im not using. Id take $40+ shipping for it. Its well used, but works. It has the 80mm MAF bracket though, so if your using a lightning MAF you might want to order a 90mm bracket. Comes with filter, MAF bracket, plastic elbow, flex hose, plastic intake tube, and all couplers with clamps.....
Old 06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
holmes14
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the reply, now you got me itching to get some money put together and do this lol! Your talking about a good dyno tune right? how much does that usually cost? I gotta get myself a job at a local factory for the summer and asap!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
holmes14
2nd Gear Member

oh and yeah i would plan on getting a intercooler, gears, and possibly upgrade the clutch a few months later or something but i just wanna get a supercharger on this thing and soon.

If you come across any used superchargers that would work for this, send me a link so i can get some ideas of what to expect
Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 AM
kartoon321

how about in the 1989-1993 mustangs....what size injectors would you use on the 5.0's?what size fuel pump?.....would everything be the same as you describe for the 00-04 ???

Quick Reply: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"