Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

SUPERCHARGER

Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 PM
ucjattriskey510
1st Gear Member

Default SUPERCHARGER

first of all im thinkin of getting a kennebell supercharger. dont knw which one to go with, flowzilla/blowzilla or standard kit? i have a stock block, all i have done is cold air intake, throttle body, bbk unequal headers, highflow xpipe and 1 chamber muffler. also bbk underdrive pulleys. its a 1995 mustang gt
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
mnile9127
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SUPERCHARGER

Get the standard kit with the bypass valve. Do you have any suspension upgrades?
Cause youre gonna need it. The car will be limited with stock components.
I would suggest you build your car to handle the S/C:

Suspension
H/C/I (Good head gaskets and Studs)
Fuel pump and injectors
Sticky tire (DR's)

If I had it to do all over again that is what I would have done.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Igot the standard without the bypass wish i got it with it cuz boost is addicting. Dont bother with the flowzilla because i can barely get an adjustable regulator to fit as it is and you basically need to switch everything over to a fox body throttle body to make use of the 90mm opening on the flowzilla which is a little much unless its a 351 based engine. Biggest sn 95 throttle body is 75mm. I got a 94 i had to use there 9lb pulley to make 6 psi and there 12lb to make 9 on my 94. If you ever go past 9 psi you need a cowl hood because then the belt slips and you have to use the stock crank pulley and use a bigger supercharger pulley and it ends up hittin the hood.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

You will most likely need to shed the UDPs. I wouldn't recommend going Blowzilla for the reason that it doesn't come in one all you need kit. There are other things you will need to tack on to the install. That and the stock kit will support more than your engine can safely produce with the stock bottom end anyways.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

For the 94 95 5.0 they give you an underdrive pulley to use on your crank. And it came with everything except for a boost a pump. But i had a 255 walbro already so didnt need it.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM
ucjattriskey510
1st Gear Member

so should i get a standard kit?? or go with the other kit?? and how much psi can a standard kit go to
Old 09-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Standard kit can go as high as blowzilla or flowzilla its all the same supercharger, its just at some point past9 psi you will start to surge and need a bypass. Blowzilla is only the standard with a big external bypass. The flowzilla is the big race one with bigger inlet manifold and integral bypass but its too much work to fit unless you got a race engine. You have to use a fox thorttle body to make use of the inlet manifold opening on it and you can not run an egr and the fuel regulator which already hits some that i had to do some modifying too wont fit at all.If you plan on taking it past9 then get the blowzilla if not get the standard. I spent 300 less and got the standard because i dont plan on going past9 since its not an intercooled setup and i have hyper pistons. On there website and it says standard kit is rated up too 9 psi after that a bypass is recomended if not required. Also if you put it on a 94 or 95 there pulley size will be a little off there 9 psi pulley 2 and 5/8 gave me 6 not 9. I got a 2 and 3/8 or 9 which is suppose to make 12 according to them. If you want to run higher boost your belt will start to slip because of how small the pulley is then you have to put the stock crank pulley back on and then you will need a bigger supercharger pulley and it will hit the hood so you will need an aftermarket hood. Also another reason i decided to go only to 9 psi.