Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

centrifical or tt

Old 09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
mdcobra98

Default centrifical or tt

Whats up. I have a 98 cobra and need some advice on how to induce it. I would love to have a whipple or kenne bell supercharger, but that would require changing hoods...dont want to. I have been told to go with avortech. Would anyone recommend a twin turbo system over a centrifical system?

Its my daily driver during the day, but my race car at night. Thanks
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
USMC STANG
1st Gear Member

Default RE: centrifical or tt

im haveing the same problem. dont know which to choose. alot of people in here like the sc. i know that lucky will tell you tt. why would you need to change hoods if you got a kb (kenne bell)?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

the KB sits on top of the motor, and the larger size KB's don't leave enough clearance for the hood to close
Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMC STANG

im haveing the same problem. dont know which to choose. alot of people in here like the sc. i know that lucky will tell you tt. why would you need to change hoods if you got a kb (kenne bell)?
you know me too well twin turbo FTW!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

My vote goes for twin turbo. And this is coming from a guy that has a Procharger which is a pretty damned good centrifugal SC.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:08 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

it's not a question of which is better, it's a question of which you can afford. if you don't plan on going all out with a built motor, new fuel system, heavy duty transmission, then a turbo would be a waste of money. unless you piece together a turbo kit, they cost quite a large chunk of change to buy a KIT. most people go with a centrifugal style because they're cheap and will get you to your stock motor's threshhold just as easily as a turbo, but at half the cost.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Cornbread01
4th Gear Member

its all in what you want. if i had the money and a built motor i would have gone with twin turbo. but i dont so a supercharger is just fine. im very happy witht he sc but from what ive lernt you can get alot more out of a tt set up
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

heh.. i was able to get 550RWHP out of my S trim. which, btw, is now for sale. i got me a T trim going in next week.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM
gettin screwed

umm if u have stock internals...ur not gunna want to push anything past 10psi. with a vortech or a KB, ur gunna see around 410 RWHP. Vortech will have lag though, the KB will always be instant power and doesnt stop until u let it. if ur on a budget id say Vortech but if u want the best id go KB. their both great! but i wouldnt go twin turbo, not for a daily driver
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

heh.. i was able to get 550RWHP out of my S trim. which, btw, is now for sale. i got me a T trim going in next week.
what kinda power are you shooting for with your T trim?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: centrifical or tt