Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

magnaflow vs. flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: magnaflow vs. flowmaster

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

And you've heard his exhaust setup with cam work? Nor do I ever think nanaki is ever going to do cams on his car. When I get my cams I'll post a sound clip, gauruntee it won't 'sound like sh**' And my car now with the SLP's doesn't sound like it's had cam work.

From your exhaust clip:
aliate r u running stock mufflers?
Man your car sounded stock? I can see by your mod list that it isn't.....But it seems a bit quiet
Maybe I'm just confused, but I get stopped all the time by people saying how nice my car sounds (it gets annoying sometimes now), not asking me if it's a stock setup...

Edit: Oh, I think flows sound good on 5.0's, not so much on modulars.

Like Ive said 1,000 times, the sound of my car will be done when I have head a cam work. Some people dont realize that the cam makes a huge diff in sound as well, so exhaust is not the end of the sound of your car is what im saying, I plan to do major engien work.

I understand what your saying acer, about he may not want to do cam work, which makes sense I guess, but just understand where Im coming from, Ill post a before and after when I get my heads and cam.

Edit - Heres some reasons I went with a catted/borla setup

I knew right after I installed the borlas that it wasnt going to be really loud, if I wanted really loud I would have just put an O/R pipe on.

The borlas are garuenteed to NEVER RUST OR DISCOLOR and if they do, I get a full replacement.

Sound does not flood the cockpit, so all you hear is tone inside the car, not (i cant describe it) where you cant hear anything, it feels like your underwater or something (if you know what i mean)

I rode in my friends 5.0 with flowmasters, first of all when he nails it, it sounds like crap. And the floorsvibrate also because sound is lost under the car.

All the heat/sound is sent out the back with the borlas where it should be going.

I love this setup and I DO UNDERSTAND that it is NOT FOR EVERYONE. It is not a super agressive setup, but I cant wait to see what happens when I put a super agressive cam in. It does not have the volume of flows or SLP's but it has an awesome deep tone.

BTW, someone complimented me today at school "man your car sounds mean".
Old 02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

Hehe
Old 02-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ho85GT

do they even make magnapacks for the Foxes
They don't make a catback for foxes unfortunatly.
But, you can just buy the mufflers and find your own tailpipes.
I reused my old flowmaster's setup, well some of it.
Magnapacks are very worth the money.
Straight thru, SS, and ugh...
Can't wait to drive it again this spring[:@]
Old 02-27-2005, 03:08 AM
mustangsel
2nd Gear Member

I have a 97 GT with BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe w/o cats, and a Flowmaster catback. Sounds nice. But I live down in Jersey by SLP and I heard some stangs with there full exhaust, headers back, and man oh man I can't wait to redo my exhaust. My opinion is they are the best sounding exhaust my far.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 AM
richkcmo

I got magnaflow and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 14864. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great cat, sounds great, and very easy to install.