Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

pros and cons of nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:06 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: pros and cons of nitrous

Cars with temporary power suck. The two cars could go both ways. If the N20 car has everything it takes to hook up, then yeah, he'd have the win. If however he is like most that buy N20, he'll probably be spinning like a mad man off the line and loose that whole torque advantage. It's not having less torque that gives you the advantage up top, it's having more HP that does.
Ok dude, you're right. Nitrous isn't as good as FI. It's not there all the time, and that sucks. But you JUST SAID IT AGAIN. It is NOT hard to hook up off the line. If you have the money to put a power adder on your car, throw a $200 used set of sticky tires on the car, and you won't spin. That's all there is too it. Now street tire vs street tire, then I'll whole heartedly agree with you. I've even done some ricer rolls with some pretty damn fast FI cars, and even if they are faster than me, make more power than me(within reason) I will jump out on them HARD at the start.

I'm not gonna argue anymore, maybe you know more than I gave you credit for. My bad. I guess all I was trying to say is, I didn't agree with one of your "cons," and tried to give you my perspective.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Ok dude, you're right. Nitrous isn't as good as FI. It's not there all the time, and that sucks. But you JUST SAID IT AGAIN. It is NOT hard to hook up off the line. If you have the money to put a power adder on your car, throw a $200 used set of sticky tires on the car, and you won't spin. That's all there is too it. Now street tire vs street tire, then I'll whole heartedly agree with you. I've even done some ricer rolls with some pretty damn fast FI cars, and even if they are faster than me, make more power than me(within reason) I will jump out on them HARD at the start.

I'm not gonna argue anymore, maybe you know more than I gave you credit for. My bad. I guess all I was trying to say is, I didn't agree with one of your "cons," and tried to give you my perspective.

I think we just have a misunderstanding. I agree that sticky tires will get a car to hook up. I'm not arguing that. All I am saying is using those sticky tires to hook up your going to break ****. If your spinning, the torque is being set free. If not, it's going up through the drivetrain putting stress on all the parts. Like I said, done right with everything built up, a nitrous car is absolutly sick at the track. It's just that most nitrous users on the street don't get that into it. They slap a kit on looking for some quick, cheap extra power and that's it. That's all I'm saying.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I agree with that. With street tires, it does almost no good. That's why the only street tires I own, are 165r15's on my front's