Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Don’t flame me right

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Mufftang

Default Don’t flame me right

No Im not an Import hater or whatever, sorry. I like Exports and Imports (Export cause I am from The Netherlands, Europe) What I want to know is, is it doable to put an Subaru Impreza Turbo engine into an 1996 Mustang? We have shi**y regulations on v6 and v8 cars so that's why. Also fuelconsumption is a bad thing here. We pay so much money for just a gallon of feull its outrageous. That's why I want to put an boxer engine into the 1996 stang.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
TheMax95

I doubt it's possible to put in the WRX engine in the stang. Main reason being, the WRX is ALL-wheel drive and the stang being rwd. a custom fit would cost lots of $$.

PS I'd take the WRX over the stang anyday.lol
Old 04-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Mufftang

its only a engine so why would that effect if it would fit rwd or 4wd? Thnx for posting though
Old 04-09-2003, 03:13 PM
devins

I could almost guarantee by the time you did install a WRX engine in a Mustang you will have invested more money in fabbing new parts, modifying driveline, fuel system, computer, etc. that just keeping the V8 fueled up and registered would cost you MUCH LESS. Plus I would argue that a WRX engine and a 5 liter offer very similiar fuel economy. You run that flat 4 up on boost making 200+ hp, it's using the same amount of fuel.

Lastly, I just waxed a souped up WRX wagon that ran a 13.0 at the track. I'm running stock heads and cam. Don't go with a loser flat four...
Old 04-09-2003, 06:24 PM
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

<blockquote>Quote: Originally posted by Mufftang on 09 April 2003<hr>
its only a engine so why would that effect if it would fit rwd or 4wd? Thnx for posting though

<hr></blockquote>

Good chance that the car wont move without a trans and I dont see the subaru motor bolting up to a t5
Old 04-10-2003, 08:59 AM
BOSS460

i bet the flat 4 was in more than the wrx to where you could get a rwd tranny for it to work. and when u drive it at a normal pace it would get a better gas mailage than the 8v. but foot down boost up less gas in the tank. the biggest prob would be getting it in the car mounts drive line and wireing. if you do this get a stand alone computer and make your wiring so much EZer. but like i said before if its a ford keep it ford. but i know where your coming from i lived in japan for 6 years and got a 68 camaro and couldnt find an engine for it for the longest time and i had a skyline gtr motor hanging in the bay when i found a 91 tpi 305 and put it in cuz it would be EZer. wish i would have put the gtr motor in it and got it back to the usa what a gold mine it would have been.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:06 PM
noslow50
I ♥ Acer

[edit]</P><edited><editID>mustangforums</editID><editDate>37812.4431365741</editDate></edited>
Old 04-16-2003, 12:25 AM
oneblacksvt

I would, but thats because I can drive more than straight lines and I love rallying.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:31 PM
CadetLee

http://www.team-oneil.com/rallyteam.wrx.htm

Must be a reason that they use a WRX -- the Mustang isn't the greatest car for *everything*.. <edited><editID>mustangforums</editID><editDate>37812.4436111111</editDate></edited>
Old 07-10-2003, 02:27 AM
RAGNAROK
2nd Gear Member

Why don't you swap in a 2.3L Turbo from an SVO or merkur or something. Way cheaper , way easier , and with the cash you save you could make that engine run like holy hell . If you bought an 2.3T from an SVO it would probably still be anannoying swap but atleast youd be keepin it Ford and keepin it fast and cheap. I rode in my uncles 1993 stang that he had swapped a 2.3T murker engine into and it was was faster than my cousins brand new WRX. All he did to the 2.3T ws put a t3/t4 hybrid on it and had the head and intakes ported and a few more things I can't remember. The engine and turbo and everything he did to the engine , including the swap cost less that $3000 he said. And thats just because of the porting and the turbo. Think about it.

Quick Reply: Don’t flame me right