Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Reasons to get a vortech

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default Reasons to get a vortech

Okay so just recently i got into the idea of going supercharged and i have been through the whole 1500 supercharger thread and that is the way i will go. i have been looking at vortech v1-t trim and procharger D1sc and would much rather the procharger but it seems that superchargersonline doesn't carry too much procharger stuff. I can get the mounting bracket from there but haven't found the other parts i need. would the vortech stuff work?

I like the idea of the higher step up gear on the procharger and the self contained oil supply and just seems to be an all around better unit that the vortech. So should i go with procharger or would it be easier to do this $1500 piece together using a vortech?

WHY SHOULD I GET A VORTECH????
Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

the vortech might be better just for price wise, but the procharger head units have a max rpm a bit higher then vortech, also the drilling issue some people dont feel comfortable with, try calling superchargersonline or superchargersforless talk to a sales rep if you want to order individual parts, they are available to them aslong as the person isnt too lazy to order them..
Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

the procharger is not going to be a good blower unless it is used with an intercooler. The self contained design produces more heat which turns into higher IATs. If its used with the non intercooled discharge pipe that is listed in the $1500 thread, you wont be able to run any timing and it wont make good power. That is why all procharger kits come with an intercooler standard. Plus I dont even know if it would fit the vortech discharge tube. The vortech runs cooler because of the oil drain and its always getting supplied with fresh filtered oil. The v1 units will not leak and will last forever if you treat them right. I loved my old v1 s trim. Made good power too.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

I personally like my Vortech. However, boost is boost and I am sure you will be happy whichever way you go.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

i'm going intercooled no matter what. and for some reason that last statement, "boost is boost" just makes me want to go vortech for cost and ordering parts just seems to be easier. I'm not looking for a million horsepower car, it will be DD so i guess boost is boost.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Nrre
1st Gear Member

i plan on going iwth Vortech if it happens. Im not looking for more than 400whp
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

just get the vortech. its a high quality part for a decent price. i ran one for a couple years before i went turbo. it made great power for the low level of boost i was running

hey nogo, how much hp are you making at 15psi?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:21 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
just get the vortech. its a high quality part for a decent price. i ran one for a couple years before i went turbo. it made great power for the low level of boost i was running

hey nogo, how much hp are you making at 15psi?
Sadly, I have no idea. It has never been to a dyno since I added my new auto, powerpipe and tuned it some more(I made 264rwhp with a badly slipping transmission, only 6lbs of boost and running on 7 cylinders. Before the Vortech I made 271rwhp). I run a Tweecer and have a LM2 wideband(still trying to figure it out). But the car pulls great. If I had to guess I would say 385-400rwhp, but that is just a guess. I know the auto sucks quite a bit of power. I'd like to add some race gas and bump the timing to 20 degrees and see where that takes me. It's kind of cool to know my car can take on some pretty nice exotics at 1/20th the price. BTW, have you bumped up the boost yet, or are you still trying to get 6's out of only 6psi?
Old 03-15-2009, 11:15 AM
avenged_motorhead
1st Gear Member

Go vortech!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
Sadly, I have no idea. It has never been to a dyno since I added my new auto, powerpipe and tuned it some more(I made 264rwhp with a badly slipping transmission, only 6lbs of boost and running on 7 cylinders. Before the Vortech I made 271rwhp). I run a Tweecer and have a LM2 wideband(still trying to figure it out). But the car pulls great. If I had to guess I would say 385-400rwhp, but that is just a guess. I know the auto sucks quite a bit of power. I'd like to add some race gas and bump the timing to 20 degrees and see where that takes me. It's kind of cool to know my car can take on some pretty nice exotics at 1/20th the price. BTW, have you bumped up the boost yet, or are you still trying to get 6's out of only 6psi?
id still like to go 6's on 6psi but i need slicks to do it

Quick Reply: Reasons to get a vortech