Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Master power turbos

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
JT76

Default Master power turbos

Has anyone used Master power turbochargers? I heard they are a pretty good budget turbo.. thoughts?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:35 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

as im sure you already know they are ebay turbos, really a hit or miss thing. i haven't heard of too many issues, just inspect it well your self when you get it and i wouldn't be too worried. on a budget its the one to get.

Last edited by lilc1511; 12-06-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:17 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilc1511
as im sure you already know they are ebay turbos, really a hit or miss thing. i haven't heard of too many issues, just inspect it well your self when you get it and i wouldn't be too worried. on a budget its the one to get.
you are mistaken.....master power turboes are not your "ebay" turbo. they are made in brazil using ISO9001 certifications. these are not cheap knock offs,they are an affordable garret style,i run one and have had ZERO issues, 518 at 11psi last time on the dyno.

i was first told about them on theturboforums.com , alot of people over there use them with goos success.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 12-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:36 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by one eyed *****
you are mistaken.....master power turboes are not your "ebay" turbo. they are made in brazil using ISO9001 certifications. these are not cheap knock offs,they are an affordable garret style,i run one and have had ZERO issues, 518 at 11psi last time on the dyno.

i was first told about them on theturboforums.com , alot of people over there use them with goos success.
you are very right, they are GARRETT knock offs... sold very much on ebay in cheap turbo kits, yes they are their own company and such but they are still widely considered ebay turbos... i did not say anything bad so you do not need to take offense. i gave sound advice.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

you are very right, they are GARRETT knock offs... sold very much on ebay in cheap turbo kits, yes they are their own company and such but they are still widely considered ebay turbos... i did not say anything bad so you do not need to take offense. i gave sound advice.
what ebay turbo kits are you talking about? master power is a name brand. i know several people running mp turbos. the ebay turbos are no name companies that noone has ever heard of before. with the on3performance kit, master power is an upgrade. costs about $300 extra and i believe that is the only complete kit that is offered on ebay
Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
JT76

Yeah, i was just looking for some non biased opinions. Its hard to get a non biased opinion on a site like LS1tech where you cannot criticize sponsors.

I was debating on a MP T70 on my build.. hmm
Old 12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

but they are still widely considered ebay turbos... ... i gave sound advice.
who are you talking about? i have never heard a single person refer to them as "ebay turbo" and ive been lurking in most turbo forums for years,built my own kit using one.

you didnt give sound advice becuase you dont know what the f*ck your talking about...but i guess thats normal on the internet!

master power are not the cheap turbos that you are thinking of. go to ebay and type in master power, you might find a hand full compared to garretts and turbonetics,they are more rare than the higher name brands, ebay is littered with those cheap ones you are reffering to.

master power is a very good turbo for the money, retail for around $550-$600.

go here: maybe you will learn about something before you open your mouth!

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=74174.0

to the OP, you have nothing to fear when getting a master power, no
"hit or miss"....this is coming from someone who actually uses one and actually knows what hes talking about.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT76
Yeah, i was just looking for some non biased opinions. Its hard to get a non biased opinion on a site like LS1tech where you cannot criticize sponsors.

I was debating on a MP T70 on my build.. hmm
you need to check out theturboforums.com , you will get a ton of info!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:00 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

you need to check out theturboforums.com , you will get a ton of info!
+1, great site. MP is a great turbo company. many, many of the members on the turboforum use MP because they are seen as high quality while still being affordable. not everyone can afford a garrett ball bearing water cooled turbo.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

who are you talking about? i have never heard a single person refer to them as "ebay turbo" and ive been lurking in most turbo forums for years,built my own kit using one.

you didnt give sound advice becuase you dont know what the f*ck your talking about...but i guess thats normal on the internet!

master power are not the cheap turbos that you are thinking of. go to ebay and type in master power, you might find a hand full compared to garretts and turbonetics,they are more rare than the higher name brands, ebay is littered with those cheap ones you are reffering to.

master power is a very good turbo for the money, retail for around $550-$600.

go here: maybe you will learn about something before you open your mouth!

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=74174.0

to the OP, you have nothing to fear when getting a master power, no
"hit or miss"....this is coming from someone who actually uses one and actually knows what hes talking about.

lol. yep if you own it, that must mean you know everything. haha

they are cheap turbos...

How many ebay turbo kits have you bought or seen? i have seen ALOT, and not all, but some of them were equipped with master power turbos, i have not personally seen failures, but have heard of a few... don't tell me you know when you are actually the one who has no clue... you own ONE i have seen MANY. Pim not here to argue, if you think im wrong so be it, but im not.

Last edited by lilc1511; 12-07-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Master power turbos