Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Master power turbos

Old 12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilc1511
lol. yep if you own it, that must mean you know everything. haha

they are cheap turbos...

but have heard of a few....
lol,oh well if you heard of a few,it must be true.....im done with you dude, you obviously have no clue about what you are talking about, you dont know the reputation of master power turbos,just another idiot who posts about something on the internet with no real first hand experiance on something.

later
Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
JT76

ANGER! lol

A lot of people on Ls1 tech seem to like them as well. I Suppose the earlier ones had problems, but they have since revised it and the new ones are exceptional.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT76
ANGER! lol

A lot of people on Ls1 tech seem to like them as well. I Suppose the earlier ones had problems, but they have since revised it and the new ones are exceptional.
yeah but you know lilc1511 heard some things about them cheap turbos!!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

heres a master power turbo tested for 5 minutes on a gas bench. A chinese ebay turbo would never hold up to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_blk8LaO10
Old 12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

ANGER! lol

there you go... i have nothing to say to the other guy.. glad you found your good info.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

A lot of dealers sell quality parts on ebay simply because there's good business in it. Every turbo is going to get a bad reputation from someone, bad news travels faster than good. Whether you should buy one, I'd say go for it. Almost all turbo failures aren't from the turbo themselves; they're from poor maintenance or poor installation/parts used with the kit. You have to keep in mind that almost every person that own a turbo car doesn't take care of it properly & want to blame the turbo company or the kit company when it fails & some company's try to replace it to keep from a bad reputation even if it's not their products fault. I personally wouldn't run them because of other options specifically design, but I'd be more than confident installing one one someones car.

As for one of those are they the most durable? No. Will they outlast your engine if properly taken care of? Yes.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FoxGT
A lot of dealers sell quality parts on ebay simply because there's good business in it. Every turbo is going to get a bad reputation from someone, bad news travels faster than good. Whether you should buy one, I'd say go for it. Almost all turbo failures aren't from the turbo themselves; they're from poor maintenance or poor installation/parts used with the kit. You have to keep in mind that almost every person that own a turbo car doesn't take care of it properly & want to blame the turbo company or the kit company when it fails & some company's try to replace it to keep from a bad reputation even if it's not their products fault. I personally wouldn't run them because of other options specifically design, but I'd be more than confident installing one one someones car.

As for one of those are they the most durable? No. Will they outlast your engine if properly taken care of? Yes.
i agree with every word of that.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:52 AM
JT76

Well, just pulled the trigger.. in a few business days i will be the proud owner of a Master Power T76, let the money pit commence.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

one eyed ***** is rite, ive ran masterpower's t70 turbo on my old 5.0 for years and have never had a problem with it, its not a crummy ebay chinese turbo, lookem up on youtube
Old 12-19-2009, 05:56 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Well, just pulled the trigger.. in a few business days i will be the proud owner of a Master Power T76, let the money pit commence.

your going to love it. nothing like the sound of 8 cylinders and a turbo!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Master power turbos