Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Vortech install questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 PM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

Default Vortech install questions

Does anyone have a close up picture of the oil feed and discharge lines going into the supercharger? I have a larger hole on the top of the charger and a smaller one on the bottom with no fittings in either. How do I attach the 2 hoses. On the feed line it says to use the 45degree fitting, which if I am using the right one I can't get to fit.

Also I was trying to put the blue fitting onto the MAF and I can't get the damn thing to fit. Can I buy a larger fitting at the auto store, and will this cause any issues?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:13 AM
bruthru2003
2nd Gear Member

if you dont get any pics through the day Ill take some when I get home later. What blue fitting are you putting into the maf?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 AM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

It is one of the silicone sleeves that connects the MAF to an elbow? Pictures would be much appreciated.
Also how do I attach the blower pully to the shaft? I see there is a groove on the pully and on the shaft. Am I supposed to line those up and force it on there? These are all probably rookie questions so I appreciate the patients.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

I am just answering my own questions here.
Also how do I attach the blower pully to the shaft?
woodruff key.
Does anyone have a close up picture of the oil feed and discharge lines going into the supercharger? I have a larger hole on the top of the charger and a smaller one on the bottom with no fittings in either. How do I attach the 2 hoses. On the feed line it says to use the 45degree fitting, which if I am using the right one I can't get to fit.
contacted vortech and they are sending me the nozzle for the intake and the fitting for the discharge. I could only find these through vortech.
Also I was trying to put the blue fitting onto the MAF and I can't get the damn thing to fit.
When using a 90mm MAF a 4" to 3.5" fitting is required, the stock fitting will not work.

I guess it is a good thing I can answer my own questions since I never got any help
Old 05-25-2010, 10:04 PM
mustang51js
3rd Gear Member

i just saw this, be carefull to make sure you dont over tighten the oil feed line, i used liquid teflon and made it snug, at first i overtightened it and it broke off inside the sc, $70 later for a new one, i also bought a nipple to extend the connection to the hose further away from the sc so its easier to tighten
Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang51js
i just saw this, be carefull to make sure you dont over tighten the oil feed line, i used liquid teflon and made it snug, at first i overtightened it and it broke off inside the sc, $70 later for a new one, i also bought a nipple to extend the connection to the hose further away from the sc so its easier to tighten
yeah man I tightened it ONE thread too much and it ripped a thread off. I need some teflon tape or something now that its got that tiny gap for a small amount oil.. just annoying more then anything. not big enough to be a problem, but big enough to be a pain in the ***.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

I found anouther issue. When installing the blower and mounting hardware i was hitting the factory idler pully. After calling vortech I found out their pully is a 2.6 where the stock one is 3.0. I went to napa and got it for $30.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

All of this info is most def good to know. Eventhough I didn't start the thread thanks for the info..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 PM
mustang51js
3rd Gear Member

the idler pulley that came with mine was hitting the alt, i filed it down the back at first which made it work but it made so much noise i thought the sc was broken, i then bought a stock one since that is what they show in the installation pic and had no problems.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:09 AM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

All of this info is most def good to know. Eventhough I didn't start the thread thanks for the info..
Most of the questions I was faced with I had a hard time finding answers to. I hope others can get good use out of this info as well.

The Idler pully I was refering to in my last post is the ribbed one about half way down on the left side (if looking at the front of the motor) It does not come with the kit from superchargers online and has to either be ordered seperately or from an auto store like I did for much cheaper.

I had 1 more issue last night, I got the blower and all the piping on then went to start the car and nothing. I believe the fuel pump I bought is bad. I guess there are only so many things you can buy used. I need to find me a 255lph asap.