Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

vecco turbo kit question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:38 PM
bowdwn2001

Default vecco turbo kit question

I made up my mind and decided that my 93 cobra will have a turbo kit of some kind. I’m some what leaning toward the vecco kit, but at the same time I’m a little weary. If any body has actually used this kit or has any feed back I would appreciate the info. If it helps I have a 347 with eagle crank and rods, good pistons, the usual. I also have a set of trick flow heads ported by TEA (205 cc) that I used on my last car. I was hopping to send the intake to Panhandle to be ported. I guess that the manifold design of the header in the kit seems like it would limit my HP. I emailed them and they said it would not matter as long as the motor was kept under 6500 rpm. They say that the kit can support 900Hp, anybody know if this is true.

Thank for any and all info.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:24 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: vecco turbo kit question

ORIGINAL: bowdwn2001
I made up my mind and decided that my 93 cobra will have a turbo kit of some kind. I’m some what leaning toward the vecco kit, but at the same time I’m a little weary. If any body has actually used this kit or has any feed back I would appreciate the info. If it helps I have a 347 with eagle crank and rods, good pistons, the usual. I also have a set of trick flow heads ported by TEA (205 cc) that I used on my last car. I was hopping to send the intake to Panhandle to be ported. I guess that the manifold design of the header in the kit seems like it would limit my HP. I emailed them and they said it would not matter as long as the motor was kept under 6500 rpm. They say that the kit can support 900Hp, anybody know if this is true.

Thank for any and all info.
Never heard any reviews of the kit, but I can tell you that those log style headers are going to drag down the power quite a bit. The ONLY thing I like about those headers is the support system. If you could have some better flowing headers made later on then I would strongly suggest it. I'm not a big fan of integral wastegates either, you could get some power from switching to external there too, but that would require you buying different exhaust housings down the road. It's ok for the price, but can definetly use lots of improvement.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:39 AM
bowdwn2001

Thanks for the info, I never even thought about or noticed the wastegates. What kit seems to be the best street/race kit in your opinion? The PTK definitely works but the last kit I actually seen in person just wasn’t very pretty. Are there any other twin kits for the street, and I use street very loosely? (Power steering and A/C)
Old 09-07-2005, 11:01 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Hmmm, not sure. I would have to look around & see what all of them look like. You can do it yourself to an extent. Look for the one with the smoothest curves in the pipes. Preferably mandrel bent. & for the wastegate, look for a smooth flowing angle into it. It's almost impossible to find one of these kits, this is why I say almost all turbo kits out there for all cars are junk in my opinion. It looks like NO research goes into their work, they just throw some pipes together. Another good thing to look for is a vertical flowing intercooler. Vecco did have that on their top kit.