Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Getting the mufflers centered?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

Default Getting the mufflers centered?

I just installed the roush axlebacks on my '13 GT. First thing; HOLY CRAP the sound is amazing. I watched so many videos of different exhaust and none of them prepared me for this sound. It's much louder then I expected. Time will tell of I get tired of that.

The left muffler sits a little too far left and the right a little too low. I'm going to go back under the car this weekend and see what I can do about centering them. I can grab the tips and push them (the whole axbleback) without much effort into the correct spots but once I go for a drive they end up right back where they were. I assume I need to redo the clamps to the overaxles to get these right. Any tips to make this easier?

Side note: Getting the oem mufflers off of this car is the worst I've ever done. You have to remove the hangers in order to remove the mufflers but you have to remove the mufflers in order to remove the hangers. Once I got the first one figured out, the other wasn't too bad. The roush ones went in 10x easier then the oems came out.