Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

on3performance turbo kit????

Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Negative. Centri = heat.

I'm partial to ProCharger.
Huh? I'm really confused by this statement.. centri = heat?

But your partial to a centri blower.. so you like the heat? Or did you mean positive displacement = heat?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 PM
blk02gtford
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Can't go wrong with them man, they make a great product and it's a breeze to install.. Wont be as quick down low but it will have some serious top end..
would still like a procharger but after talking to them believe the turbo will suit to more what I want. And cool thing they are using one of the companys for the front suspension included in the kit. One thing they didnt know if I would like is the gears. They perfer stock said I should be fine with the 3.73s but if not I still have my stock ones.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blk02gtford
would still like a procharger but after talking to them believe the turbo will suit to more what I want. And cool thing they are using one of the companys for the front suspension included in the kit. One thing they didnt know if I would like is the gears. They perfer stock said I should be fine with the 3.73s but if not I still have my stock ones.
Great man, glad to hear it went well.. John and the crew over there are great guys. Known them for awhile.. As for the procharger, it would act about the same, they don't kick in until around 2000 rpms.. If you can afford it, I would definitely go with the ball bearing turbo upgrade.. Huge difference in spool time and you will love the feeling.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ESG-642T
corner carver might like a positive displacement blower a bit better than a centri.
Negative. Centri = heat.

I'm partial to ProCharger.
Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Huh? I'm really confused by this statement.. centri = heat?

But your partial to a centri blower.. so you like the heat? Or did you mean positive displacement = heat?

OOPS! My fingers got ahead of my brain. I meant PD blower = heat.

This topic is of interest to me because I'm planning to buy a coyote car over the winter and I live near Sebring International Raceway, so I want to get more involved with HPDEs.

I love a TVS2300 on the coyote, but that's just too much heat for roadracing. I'll probably put a ProCharger on the car so I won't have to deal with heat soak out on the track.

Turbo isn't an option for me.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:18 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

OOPS! My fingers got ahead of my brain. I meant PD blower = heat.

This topic is of interest to me because I'm planning to buy a coyote car over the winter and I live near Sebring International Raceway, so I want to get more involved with HPDEs.

I love a TVS2300 on the coyote, but that's just too much heat for roadracing. I'll probably put a ProCharger on the car so I won't have to deal with heat soak out on the track.

Turbo isn't an option for me.
The TVS does not create that much heat, but I could see during road racing how it would start to heatsoak after several minutes of hard driving.. A KB would die, ha. I produce stupid amounts of heat with the stock set-up, but a larger heat exchanger and pump takes car of that.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

dont mess with that on3 crap. either spend the $$$ for a real turbo kit or go with a procharger