Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Methanol Injecting TVS Roushcharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Default Methanol Injecting TVS Roushcharger

I posted this thread in the 05-2011 mustang section, but didn't get all the answers to my questions. I realize now that I think I should have posted it here in the first place, so I'm sorry if I'm reposting but I have a few questions that really need answers before I pull the trigger.

Hi, I put in a lot of work hours 2012 so I'm expecting a decent sized tax return. After a lot of research, I think a methanol system is what I want to spend it on. It seems like a fairly simple system, I just have a few questions.

I want to mount a decent sized tank and run it from the trunk, would it be better to find some kind of aluminum tank to keep the methanol mix as cool as possible? Where can I find something like that

I have a Moroso catch can, so would spraying methanol in turn be running into it from the S/C manifold, or will it evaporate fast enough to where it doesn't matter?

It seems like a sweet deal if it's set up properly, but are there any high risks that it produces? I hear that on high mileage engines the carbon that's built up can get broken up in large chunks and knock around in your engine. Should I start off using low amounts of methanol to slowly break it up before I go to full crank?

Also, can you recommend which company I should buy it from. I can't seem to see any difference between the snow and AEM systems so opinions are all I need at this point.

And I have a TVS2300 supercharger if that makes a difference to anyone

Thank you! I'll post all the results
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

I have considered a Snow Stage 3 meth system for my system as well. My FI uses the same rotors as the Roush TVS. The only drawback I have really found through research is if you inject before the throttle body, the meth may take the coating off the rotors. I have never seen any documentation as to how this really affects the supercharger, i.e. longevity, lowered boost, efficiency, etc.
I am mostly interested in the cooling effects on IAT's that a Snow system would have.