Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Is the whipple worth the extra $?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Default Is the whipple worth the extra $?

I'm working my supercharger fund for next year. I'm a fan of the immediate power of the screw type. I love with the sound of the whipple but holy crap they price difference over the Roush is crazy. Is it really worth the extra money to anyone?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:48 PM
navytrev

I have 0 experience with this but I remember reading the Roush is really efficient but gets heat soaked a little more? Don't read to much into my comment I have done tonz of reading in the last 2 days since picking up my 13 GT and some of its a blurr. And the roush doesn't make that normal whine like the whipple (from what I have read). I have pretty much made my mind up to get the Roush 625hp kit from VMPtuning since it comes with a better intercooler with twin fans & the JLT CAI free. I will order it once I make my mind up on just getting a wider TSW rims for the back or order all new Ace Alloys. I only have 255/35-20 in the back right now. Don't think that will put 500hp+ down very well.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:00 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I ran the Roush M90 when I had my 10 (it also had 4.10s and was manual) and when we bought my wifes 07 it had the polished Whipple but its an automatic. It is kind of hard to compare the two, but the M90 with gears and stick would burn through rubber like nobody's business and was a banshee. The 07 with the whipple doesnt feel anything like that. Feels closer to a 11+ 5.0 GT although not quite. It is running the Ford Racing tune and Im sure the gears are LAME in it.

The Whipple sounds more grindy to me then the Roush did which was a higher pitched whine. I personally liked the Roush sound better. How those units will sound and perform on a 5.0, I cannot say but if the 4.6's I've had are any indicator, I'd probably go with the Roush.

Chances are pretty good though that with gears and something like a Bama tune, that could change.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 PM
LaMotta
Former Sponsor

the whipple is the ford racing blower and has had tons of r&d done on it (as well as the roush). Either I would highly recommend. The whipple is the loudest (especially with a jlt intake) of the pd blowers on these cars. The Whipple also offers a 2.9 head unit as well which is good if you ever decide to build your motor. Other than that you should be able to make about the same w/ both. For the price difference if you really want the whine the whipple is the way to go then and be done with it!