Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Trying to Supercharge or turbo 1990 Fox

Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 AM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

Default Trying to Supercharge or turbo 1990 Fox

Im trying to get a used vortech/paxton/novi whichever would work good or get a decent turbo for my car this summer but im on a tight budget (i know the word Budget does not go well with building a car haha). I know im going to have to upgrade my injectors from 24's and possibly my 195 fuel pump the TB is currently 70mm. I thought about an ebay turbo but as well all know the quality of them is not reliable and they tend to go very soon. I have a lot of friends educated in this field id just like some advice and and second opinions of what i should do and upgrade or which way would be cheapest. Im hoping to get all the components ill need to supercharge the car for about 1500+ but not over 2K. With a turbo i dont know because thats obviously a pricey way to go. Yes i will be getting a re-tune after all is said and done. Car makes 296/285 on motor now. I would be a very happy camper if i could get to 430 rwhp anywhere between 8-12 psi or whatever is safe for me with a supercharger. And then again on a good turbo i can make more than that on the same boost blah blah blah let me know guys!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:14 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Here's what I did.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ded/index.html

Of course, on that combo, a P1SC would've made just as much power as the F-1R, but I sized the blower for the future (current) motor.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 AM
theereverand

Originally Posted by IvanFiveLiter
Im trying to get a used vortech/paxton/novi whichever would work good or get a decent turbo for my car this summer but im on a tight budget (i know the word Budget does not go well with building a car haha). I know im going to have to upgrade my injectors from 24's and possibly my 195 fuel pump the TB is currently 70mm. I thought about an ebay turbo but as well all know the quality of them is not reliable and they tend to go very soon. I have a lot of friends educated in this field id just like some advice and and second opinions of what i should do and upgrade or which way would be cheapest. Im hoping to get all the components ill need to supercharge the car for about 1500+ but not over 2K. With a turbo i dont know because thats obviously a pricey way to go. Yes i will be getting a re-tune after all is said and done. Car makes 296/285 on motor now. I would be a very happy camper if i could get to 430 rwhp anywhere between 8-12 psi or whatever is safe for me with a supercharger. And then again on a good turbo i can make more than that on the same boost blah blah blah let me know guys!
I have a brand new v3 kit from Jegs with MSD box, fmu, boost pump, and complete kit unopened. It is the 8-10 lb kit I paid 3450 and will sell for 2600 plus shipping. Contact me via email if interested. Theereverand@gmail.com. It is listed on EBay for 2950.00.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:34 AM
millertime4060

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Here's what I did.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ded/index.html

Of course, on that combo, a P1SC would've made just as much power as the F-1R, but I sized the blower for the future (current) motor.
what a good read... i loved that write up... Thanks