Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Thoughts on Pypes Muffler Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Danialv2

Default Thoughts on Pypes Muffler Delete?

I was looking at getting the Pypes Muffler Deleted Axel Backs for my 07 GT and I have heard from many people that the sound they get, they fall in love with. However I am already aware of the horrors the hangers bring about, but I was wondering if you guys had any other insight to em?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Danialv2

Bump?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

i have them on my 11 v6....Love the sound, however there is some drone. As for the fitment part, they are pretty far off from the cutouts in the bumper. I used zipties to help keep them centered and I haven't had any problems.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

^^^ what Nicole said.

They are pretty decent but the fitment sucks on most of their products. I have experience with my old 00 v6 and their dual exhaust system. Sounded good but was a bitch to put in because it didn't' fit right. I had to cut about 3 inches on the H pipe before it would fit. Then aligning it was a nightmare.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Danialv2

Thanks guys for your insight, I don't mind drone, or loud. Kinda like it for some reason haha
But I'll have to improvise on the hanging issue :x
Old 04-16-2014, 03:03 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Look at SLP Loudmouths they sound about the same and have better quality.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

I personally would avoid Pypes and muffler deletes, but that's me, not necessarily you. I've heard a LOT of cases of quality issues with Pypes which would make me avoid the brand, and I just don't think muffler deletes sound good, personally. I'd definitely avoid them if you plan on running an O/R H or X pipe, it's just TOO loud.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Danialv2

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
I personally would avoid Pypes and muffler deletes, but that's me, not necessarily you. I've heard a LOT of cases of quality issues with Pypes which would make me avoid the brand, and I just don't think muffler deletes sound good, personally. I'd definitely avoid them if you plan on running an O/R H or X pipe, it's just TOO loud.
I can totally see where you're coming from and I may have to look into some other avenues for Axel Backs for now, because yes in the future I am going to run a O/R X Pipe but I love the sound! I previously owned a 300zx with a true custom Straight pipe, with cat delete and down pipe. Loudest thing I've heard to date actually that wasn't a race car. I can't avoid it, its like a sickness now. IT HAS TO BE LOUUUUUUUD
Old 04-17-2014, 04:41 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Danialv2
I can totally see where you're coming from and I may have to look into some other avenues for Axel Backs for now, because yes in the future I am going to run a O/R X Pipe but I love the sound! I previously owned a 300zx with a true custom Straight pipe, with cat delete and down pipe. Loudest thing I've heard to date actually that wasn't a race car. I can't avoid it, its like a sickness now. IT HAS TO BE LOUUUUUUUD

I agree I like my Mustangs loud, I run Stainless Works and they sound amazing. However they are a full cat-back system also, and yeah its pretty damn loud.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Danialv2
Oh, I agree, I like loud too, but most will agree that an O/R pipe, especially an X with no mufflers is ridiculously loud and doesn't really sound good either. I mean, that basically IS race car exhaust. I don't know how lax the cops in your area are but you'll likely get pulled over pretty quick with an O/R pipe and no mufflers at all.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Pypes Muffler Delete?