Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Vortech V3 on 09 gt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:48 PM
jordangelowitz

Default Vortech V3 on 09 gt?

I have some questions about possibly supercharging my 09 gt....

I've done a lot of research on different superchargers and their benefits and such, and I think I'm sold on the Vortech V3 centrifugal supercharger... however, no matter how hard I look I can't seem to find anything but the "tuner" kit for the 09's... do they not sell complete kits for the 09's?

I noticed that the Tuner kit doesn't include fuel management upgrades or calibration, is this because the 09's are equipped well enough to handle it and an upgrade isn't necessary? Or does it need something completely different? I'm a little confused as to why nobody sells a full centrifugal supercharger package for the 09 GT's, and if someone could shed some light on it that would be awesome!

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jordangelowitz
I have some questions about possibly supercharging my 09 gt....

I've done a lot of research on different superchargers and their benefits and such, and I think I'm sold on the Vortech V3 centrifugal supercharger... however, no matter how hard I look I can't seem to find anything but the "tuner" kit for the 09's... do they not sell complete kits for the 09's?

I noticed that the Tuner kit doesn't include fuel management upgrades or calibration, is this because the 09's are equipped well enough to handle it and an upgrade isn't necessary? Or does it need something completely different? I'm a little confused as to why nobody sells a full centrifugal supercharger package for the 09 GT's, and if someone could shed some light on it that would be awesome!

Thanks!
Hey Jordan,

Great question and I wanted to get you a great answer so I shot our friends at Vortech a call!

According to them, the Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Supercharger - Complete Kit will fit your 2009 GT no problem, the only difference is in the tune and you would have to have it custom tuned, that's it!

They did not bring in a 2009 GT for testing when they built those kits and therefore did not have the tune files.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Old 03-25-2015, 11:31 AM
jordangelowitz

Thanks Will!

I'm hoping Bama makes a quality tune for this system, if not i might have to re-consider as I don't believe there's any tuners in my area.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:23 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jordangelowitz
Thanks Will!

I'm hoping Bama makes a quality tune for this system, if not i might have to re-consider as I don't believe there's any tuners in my area.
Hey Jordan,

Bama can definitely get you setup with a great tune for a Vortech Supercharged 3v!

Let me know when you're ready to order and I'll get you a killer deal.

Hope this helps.

-Will